Job description / Role
Food Development Executive - Starbucks - Kuwait
As Food Development Executive for Starbucks based in Kuwait, you will assist in managing food innovation, development and market roll out, as well as develop fresh food experiences. You will engage in menu development and support vendors with quality assurance and recipe refinement whilst assuring overall profitability of the food category and implementation of the Starbucks food strategy across the MENA region.
Key responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
* Contributing to development of a competitive, premium quality range of food products which are well merchandised and managed in-store to achieve company KPIs for sales and profit, brand fit, innovation, quality and customer satisfaction
* Identifying and developing opportunities to maximise sales through food product offering and standards
* Working with the food category team to monitor and interpret food product performance as a method of optimising menu selection
* Assisting with category reviews in order to be able to adapt & develop fashionable menu lines based on emerging food trends within the markets
* Working alongside and maintaining strong relations with suppliers to develop and document both product recipes and specifications
* Conducting sensory analysis, market research and customer sampling sessions
* Assisting with the implementation of in store training to maximise the success of new food initiatives.
You will have:
* Experience of pre-packed food development as well as experience implementing food-related programmes (recipe refinement, procurement, food techniques, market food trends, etc.)
* Education in related field is highly advantageous.
* Strong passion for food and the drive to develop this passion throughout the organization
* Strong sensory evaluation and analysis skills
* Highly organized with a strong focus on detail and accuracy.
* Able to thrive in a complex, high demand, evolving environment, requiring quick responsiveness.
* Able to work under time constraints, multitask
* Must be able to handle multiple priorities while maintaining focus on the bottom line.
About the Company
M.H. Alshaya Co. is a leading international franchise operator for over 75 of the world’s most recognised retail brands including Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn and KidZania. The company operates over 3,400 stores across diverse customer sectors: Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Leisure & Entertainment. Alshaya’s stores can be found in markets across the Middle East and North Africa, Russia, Turkey and Europe and the company employs more than 47,000 people from over 120 nationalities.
The company has established itself as the industry leader across these territories through a combination of local market understanding and a comprehensive commitment to customer service. Growth in each of its operating divisions and brands is supported by continuous investment in talent and infrastructure. It applies best practices in retail operations, merchandising, marketing, information technology, logistics, real estate, human resources and financial controls.
M.H. Alshaya Co. is the retail business of the Alshaya Group, which was founded in Kuwait in 1890 and today represents one of the most dynamic companies in the Middle East. In addition to its retail operations, the Alshaya Group is active in a number of other sectors including real estate, automotive, hotels, trading and investments. Learn more about the company at www.alshaya.com or on Facebook.