Job description / Role
Food Development Executive - Starbucks - Kuwait
As Food Development Executive for Starbucks based in Kuwait, you will assist in managing food innovation, development and market roll out, as well as develop fresh food experiences. You will engage in menu development and support vendors with quality assurance and recipe refinement whilst assuring overall profitability of the food category and implementation of the Starbucks food strategy across the MENA region.
Key responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
* Contributing to development of a competitive, premium quality range of food products which are well merchandised and managed in-store to achieve company KPIs for sales and profit, brand fit, innovation, quality and customer satisfaction
* Identifying and developing opportunities to maximise sales through food product offering and standards
* Working with the food category team to monitor and interpret food product performance as a method of optimising menu selection
* Assisting with category reviews in order to be able to adapt & develop fashionable menu lines based on emerging food trends within the markets
* Working alongside and maintaining strong relations with suppliers to develop and document both product recipes and specifications
* Conducting sensory analysis, market research and customer sampling sessions
* Assisting with the implementation of in store training to maximise the success of new food initiatives.
You will have:
* Experience of pre-packed food development as well as experience implementing food-related programmes (recipe refinement, procurement, food techniques, market food trends, etc.)
* Education in related field is highly advantageous.
* Strong passion for food and the drive to develop this passion throughout the organization
* Strong sensory evaluation and analysis skills
* Highly organized with a strong focus on detail and accuracy.
* Able to thrive in a complex, high demand, evolving environment, requiring quick responsiveness.
* Able to work under time constraints, multitask
* Must be able to handle multiple priorities while maintaining focus on the bottom line.
About the Company
As a leading international franchise operator, with nearly 90 of the world’s most recognised brands in its portfolio, Alshaya Group brings great shopping, dining, leisure and hospitality experiences to millions of customers across the Middle East & North Africa, Russia, Turkey, Europe and beyond.
Alshaya Group is a dynamic multinational business and family owned enterprise with a consistent record of growth and innovation. For 35 years, Alshaya has been a pioneering force in brand franchising, using its exceptional knowledge and experience to expand at pace.
Our portfolio of well-loved international brands includes Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, The Body Shop, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn, KidZania and, coming soon, Hampton by Hilton.
From one retail franchise store opened in Kuwait in 1983, Alshaya Group has consistently grown and diversified and today offers customers an unparalleled choice of brands across multiple sectors; Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings, Leisure & Entertainment, and Hotels. A diverse, skilled team of 53,000 people from 120 nationalities support more than 4,000 stores, cafes, restaurants and leisure destinations, a growing online business and a commitment to delivering great customer experiences.