Job description / Role
Specialist - Gas Operations - Training
Our client, an engineering and training services company requires a Specialist - Gas Operations to join on a long term contract basis. The services will be provided across a range of assets including training centres and on field locations. The end user wishes to enhance its technical training delivery standards, assess and verify skills & competencies, deliver world class training and increase existing staff skills & competencies to international standards.
The role of the Specialist - Gas Operations is to act as SME and implement comprehensive improvements to Gas Operations Training to international best practise and standards. Review Competency Frameworks & Training Catalogues for job families:
- Benchmarking against other NOC’s & IOC’s
- Recommend and implement updates, recognising Knowledge and Application elements and international best practise
- Review Learning Options & Learning Tools associated with the Competency Frameworks
- Rationalize available delivery methods and learning titles
- Act as Reviewer in the Gap Analysis Discussion (GAD) process
- External Verifier for OJT and in-house course assessment
- QA/QC Technical Content of all courses and international attachments
- Review and develop Under Development (UD) and Under Training (UT) programs for Graduate Engineers and Diploma Technician new hires
- Input to e-learning, competency assurance, new learning ideas Mandatory Requirements.
Suitable candidates will have a Technical/Engineering Degree (BSc or BEng) holder from a recognized university with a minimum 15 years’ industry experience in related field working with major International Oil Companies e.g. Shell.
Must be an SME in on-shore Gas Booster Station, Turbines, Compressors and Consumer Networks operations. Must have proven experience in developing and implementing Competency Frameworks, Learning Systems/Tools, Training Quality Assurance, Program and Curriculum Review, Design and Implementation.
About the Company
Hays is the leading global specialist recruiting group. We are the experts at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide.
Our Middle East office was founded in December 2005, headquartered in Dubai UAE. We deal with clients in the UAE, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, and other key areas in the region. Our consultants sector-specific knowledge and unique understanding of the local market allows us to offer an exceptional level of service across all divisions.
We currently recruit for roles in the following sectors: Accounting & Finance, Architecture, Banking, Construction & Property, Engineering, Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology, Logistics, Legal, Office Support, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Supply Chain & Procurement, and Sales & Marketing.
As part of our continuing expansion, we have opened a dedicated Abu Dhabi desk to further assist with our client needs across the region.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Gas & Plant Network Mechanical Engineering Specialist