Job description / Role
General Surgery Consultant Opportunity in Salmiya, Kuwait
• Provides inpatient and outpatient consultations to patients.
• Receives referrals and consultations from other disciplines.
• Analyzes patient's medical history, medication allergies, physical condition, and examination results to verify operation's necessity and to determine best procedure.
• Provides information to patients on medical condition and surgical risk.
• Books surgery rooms and notifies support staff of surgery timings to ensure that all required personnel are prepared for the surgery or procedure
• Prescribes preoperative and postoperative treatments and procedures, such as sedatives, diets, antibiotics, and preparation/ treatment of the patient's operative area.
• Directs and coordinates activities of Nurses, Assistants, Specialists, and other medical staff
• Operates on patients to correct deformities, repair injuries, prevent and treat diseases, or improve/ restore patients' functions; utilizes clinical privileges granted to him/her for admission and treatment of patients.
• Shares the on-call schedule in the Department as required and ensures continuity of care for patients while on-call
• Refers patient to medical specialist or other practitioners when necessary.
• Provides leadership for organizational performance improvement activities
• Conducts research to develop and test surgical techniques that can improve operating procedures and outcomes
• Supports in professional development of all staff and provides teaching materials
• Plans for the provision of orientation, in service and continuing education programs, along with other Consultants of the Department
• Attends regularly scheduled meeting for the improvement of patient care services and delivery
• Performs all other additional assignments as requested by the Clinical Director
• Bachelors’ Degree in Medicine followed by specialized training in General Surgery.
• Membership/ Fellowship (preferably of the Royal College) and/or PhD /MD Degree in Surgery/relevant specialty.
• Valid License from Ministry of Health-Kuwait to practice as a General Surgery Consultant
• 12 years’ experience with minimum 7 years’ experience post Fellowship/Membership or PhD /MD in General Surgery
• Computer Skills: MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), Internet
• Language Skills: Good in written and spoken English, Arabic is an advantage
About the Company
For over 15 years Omni International Consultants has supplied high caliber personnel to the global Construction, Aviation, Banking, Logistics, IT, Hospitality, Healthcare, Oil/Gas & Manufacturing sectors.
We specialize in recruiting the highest quality, right-fit professional and have helped many candidates find their ideal opportunity.
Our Head Office is located in Bangkok, Thailand and we have 6 liaison offices located in the UK, Australia, UAE, India (Mumbai & Delhi) and Rayong, Thailand.