GIS & Data Management Technician
Job description / Role
51,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We're not just engineers. We're a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet's toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.?
Whatever your ambition, there's a path for you here. And there's no barrier to your potential career success. For more information, visit Worley.com
- Reports to Project Engineer
- Prepares Reports,updates mapping logs,
- Maintains GIS database as per plans, standards and protocols
- Solves most specialised related problems. Works under general supervision
- Quality Assurance - Responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Quality Assurance system relevant to the Business Unit
- Safety - Responsible for personal safety safe working practices as part of the Business Unit. Understand and follow OH&S procedures
- Extensive experience in the use of GIS for environmental and engineering studies and working in a multi-disciplined engineering environment
- Demonstrated ability to undertake data collection, processing, verifying for accuracy and completeness, under limited supervision
- Demonstrated ability to use management and leadership skills
- An excellent communicator, both verbal and written
- Diploma in Engg. Computer Science or Information Technology is Must
- Minimum 8 years total post-graduation experience
- Minimum 3 years experience in the same designation
What we offer you
Providing an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.
About the Company
Worley is a leading global provider of professional services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We partner with our customers to address their most critical challenges at every stage of their projects: from initial concepts to sustaining and enhancing their assets. And we provide smarter, bolder solutions while delivering on our own sustainability commitments.
We are 51,000 bright minds across 46 countries all driven by a common purpose – delivering a more sustainable world. While working to fulfill our ambition to be recognized globally as the leader in sustainability solutions.