Job description / Role
Job Title: Graphic Designer
Report To: Corporate Communication Director
• Understand the creative and business needs to determine the presentation of illustrative material and copy in order to design rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts.
• Develop innovative ideas and themes in graphical form for corporate and project requirements.
• Prepare graphics and layouts for all visual communication material such as branding, advertisements and marketing collaterals.
• Create advertising designs, web designs and sample layouts based on knowledge of layout principles and design concepts.
• Design all communication material for indoor and outdoor usage, in addition to for soft and hard copies of communication and marketing material.
• Research and keep abreast of the latest designs, market trends, developments in IT and preferences of the customers.
• Identify specifications and material for all print collaterals.
• Oversee the printing needs of communication material as per specifications and corporate guidelines, and coordinate between internal stakeholders and external vendors.
• Work closely with Communication Manager to ensure that the content on the designs are well written and are in line with the company's communication strategy.
• Coordinate with agencies and vendors for efficient execution of promotional activities, marketing events and production of collaterals;
• Work with them to design and innovate forthcoming campaigns/events and promotional material to ensure timely delivery and quality.
• Maintain records of marketing expenses, agency fees and regularly update management on budget expenditure and overall costs.
• Ensure that campaign designs are conceptualized on time in order to procure collateral for corporate or project marketing materials, advertisements etc.
• Ensure adherence to the corporate brand guidelines (branding layout and display, media preference, media buying/planning norms, etc.) in all marketing initiatives.
• Support the Marketing and Communications Managers in identifying vendors for specific services and develop long-term relationships on behalf of the company.
• Support development in illustrating and designing floorplans as well as visual and architect materials.
• Support all departments with graphic design, presentations and printing.
• Source vendors for gifts and giveaways for corporate and specific projects.
• Assist corporate communication with company events through planning, organizing and execution.
• Perform other responsibilities and tasks as required or as directed by the AVP – Marketing.
• Set performance goals in the beginning of the year after discussion with his/her direct manager and ensures that the goals are achieved during the course of the year
• Bilinguals (English, Arabic) are preferred.
• Bachelor’s Degree with specialization in graphic design, a higher diploma is a plus
• 5+ years experience in a similar field
• Prior experience in advertising, web design, animation and has experience in branding and rebranding
• Familiar with Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop programs
• Knowledge of AutoCAD program is an added value Written and Spoken English is essential, Arabic is preferred
• Both Written and Spoken English is essential, Arabic is preferred.
About the Company
Career Hunters, is an executive placement and recruiting firm working closely with our client corporations to provide the best talent in today's competitive marketplace. We work to place executives who wish to improve their career direction or seek more lucrative opportunities in today’s competitive world.
Since our staff is comprised of business executives who have worked or consulted with major corporations, we are able to relate to the decisions, issues and problems faced daily by both corporations and job seekers. We are happy to apply our considerable experience and expertise to your recruiting and job search needs.
We specialize in analyzing the job description given to us by the company, detailed study on the physical and mental characteristics of an employee and the qualities and attitude which the employee must possess.