Head - Cost Control Engineering
Job description / Role
51,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We're not just engineers. We're a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet's toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transitions. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.
Whatever your ambition, there's a path for you here. And there's no barrier to your potential career success.
Coordinate the overall cost analysis activities on one or more major complex projects; assuming responsibility for preparation, quality and accuracy of project cost reports; establishing liaison with project management and clients on all matters relating to cost control; assigning and reviewing work of subordinate cost analysis staff.
- Proactively sets priorities related to complex situations having multi-project and/or organizational impact.
- Liaise with Worley Corporate and Client accounting groups to establish a project cost control and reporting methodology
- Develop, implement and control the project accounting and job costing system to meet project requirements
- Take ownership of the cost control function and ensure integrity of the data being processed
- Interface with project personnel to develop project forecasts and analyze project costs
- Provide technical guidance to staff and assign work. Reviews work for technical accuracy and adequacy. Plans, controls & reports on project work. May have direct reports and may make recommendations concerning selection, training, rating and discipline of staff.
- Liaise with clients to clarify cost related issues and develop timely and meaningful monthly invoices. Ensure payment of invoices according to EPCM contract terms.
- Responsible for the Preparation and Implementation of Change Management.
- Preparation of project invoices in conjunction with the Accounts Department
- Liaise with Client for reporting purposes
- Preparation of monthly financial reports for the project. Also prepare other financial analysis as required on an adhoc basis
- Implement financial controls including controlling authorizations of expenditure and cash flow projections
- Preparation of budgets in conjunction with engineering and construction team members
- Ensure effective coordination and cooperation between other team members, particularly in regard to cost, planning (forecasting) and procurement matters
- Ensure through quality practices that work is completed accurately and in accordance with company procedures.
- Utilize Continuous Improvement processes to ensure consistent quality and fit-for-purpose outcomes.
- Promote the identification of potential areas of concern or improvement, to maximize cost effectiveness on projects and work practices.
- Develop and maintain a professional, highly skilled Cost Control team through leadership, resources, technical and system support, training and innovation.
- Provide advice and guidance to other personnel as required.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with team members and other personnel.
- Provide guidance and support to Asset Cost Controllers and Project Cost Controllers in fulfilling their cost control responsibilities.
- Maintain a high level of communication / interface with other cost and project control personnel within
- Monitor cost control applications to ensure project data integrity.
- Provide ad-hoc cost control support / advice to Project Engineers and Management.
- Quality Assurance - Responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Quality insurance system relevant to the BU, etc
- Safety - Responsible for personal safety safe working practices for the BU, etc. Understand and follow OH&S procedures.
- The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor Degree in Engineering or an Engineering qualification or equivalent experience in engineering / construction or will be a Chartered Accountant or CPA.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 15 years of experience in their career.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 10 years of experience within the Oil & Gas / Petrochemicals Industry.
- The ideal candidate will have experience in cost and project control computer applications.
- The ideal candidate will have experience in cost risk analysis.
- The ideal candidate will be required to prioritize Budgets; Time management; Resources - training and succession planning
- The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate an awareness and understanding of industry standard practices in cost control activities.
- The ideal candidate will have demonstrated relevant industry estimating experience, ideally gained within the oil and gas industry, knowledge of project management systems interfaces, i.e. Planning Tool (P3/ P3e with In Control, SAP, and any other systems, Via SQL) capable of controlling and monitoring project progress and expectations.
- The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate commitment to HSE management in a project environment as well as a high level of organizational and planning skills.
What we offer you
Providing our people with an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.
About the Company
Worley is a leading global provider of professional services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We partner with our customers to address their most critical challenges at every stage of their projects: from initial concepts to sustaining and enhancing their assets. And we provide smarter, bolder solutions while delivering on our own sustainability commitments.
We are 51,000 bright minds across 46 countries all driven by a common purpose – delivering a more sustainable world. While working to fulfill our ambition to be recognized globally as the leader in sustainability solutions.