Job description / Role
A great Opportunity has arisen to work in one of the leading banks in Kuwait as the Head of AML Where by the candidate will have to ensure the bank and all relevant areas are in compliance with AML and CFT laws.
This role will be an interesting and challenging opportunity to work with top management within the bank.
* Collaborate with concerned parties towards setting Division long and short terms goals ensuring compliance.
* Cascade down Divisional strategy to employees ensuring individual alignment with Divisional goals, operations, objectives and quality standards.
Budgeting and financial management:
* Collaborate with Executive leadership towards estimating annual divisional budget.
* Ensure Division's compliance with set budget, seeking resolution of any variance to ensure effective cost controls.
* Review all financial reports and other performance data to determine areas needing cost reduction and/or process improvement.
* Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the requirements of the following rules and regulations:
* Central Bank Rules related to AML & CFT.
* Central Bank and Ministry of Social Affairs rules concerning charities.
* Approved AML & CFT policies and procedures of the bank.
* International standards related to AML & CFT issued by international organisation.
* Review, draft, update and ensure adherence to the following
* AML & CFT policy; that shall be presented for BCGC/BOD review and approval.
* AML related items in both bank web site and internal site.
* CRFs and KYCs forms to ensure inclusion of all required AML/KYC information.
* Periodic reports to the BRMC/BOD on the status of Aml & CFT in the bank.
* Deal with all high and moderate risk cases
* Review all products and delivery channels in the bank to evaluate and deal with AML associated risks.
* Review all prepaid cards exposure above the specified threshold to ensure validity of source of funds.
* Monitor KYC updating and advise related front office departments on the same.
* Monitor all AML related systems / databases / checking applications and updates / configure for requires scenarios and interface and maintain required data integrity.
* Customer Relations Management (Internal and/or External)
* Develop and maintains relationships with all stakeholders.
* Direct and controls Processing and fulfillment of all client requests and orders.
* Ensure Client satisfaction with related products and services to ensure quality excellence and superior provision of service.
Documentation and Reporting:
* Oversee and review all collected, stored and maintained documents ensuring consistency and accuracy, thus enabling Executive Leadership to take effective decisions
Policies and procedures:
* Formulate and periodically assess and review Division policies and procedures ensuring compliance with rules and regulations
* Coordinate for the effective and efficient application of Divisional policies and procedures.
* Review and propose enhancements to existing Cross-Divisional work-flows to maximise work efficiency.
Auditing and review:
* Identify and correct data discrepancies, ensuring the highest standard of data accuracy
* Bachelor's degree, preferably in Finance
* With at least 10 Years related experience
* CAM's Certificate
* Computer skills: Advanced
* Fluent in English and Arabic
Key Behavioural Competencies:
* Connecting and Networking
* Determining and initiating action
* Leading and developing others
Key Technical Competencies:
* Efficiency and Effectiveness
* Quality Improvement
About the Company
Robert Walters is one of the world's largest specialist professional recruitment consultancies with 53 offices spanning 24 countries.
We've helped thousands of professionals find permanent, contract and interim roles with leading global corporations, small to medium sized companies and innovative start ups. Our specialist recruitment focus includes: accountancy and finance, banking, engineering, operations, legal, IT, sales, marketing, procurement & logistics, HR and support/administration.