Job description / Role
A truly opportunity with a leading retailer in Kuwait with strong regional presence. This is a senior, strategic level role driving and enhancing the Buying, Merchandising and Demand Planning Functions.
A leading multi-category retailer in Kuwait currently operating multiple stores across the country with a strong presence in both the B2C and B2B markets. With a well-established brand and clear vision of growth for the future, the business is launching a state-of-the-art e-commerce platform with a goal to rapidly expand their local and regional reach.
* Reporting into the MD, this position will be responsible for the entire buying and merchandising strategy, planning and operations within the Buying & Merchandising remit, as well as demand planning function.
* The role will manage the Buying/Merchandising/Planning Managers across all categories.
* They will be responsible for setting up range and sourcing strategies in line with brand identity, and growing product/store profitability across categories.
* Managing a team of 5 direct reports (overall team size 35), this role will partner with the GM on revamping the current stores (formats and brands) and building a success story with the GM to set best practise guidelines across sourcing, styles, trends and pricing.
An exciting opportunity to develop, grow and manage all aspects of Buying, Merchandising & Demand Planning, this role offers a competitive package and an unrivalled opportunity for exceptional career growth.
Key requirements include:
* Head of Buying/ Buying Director level currently (inclusive of Sourcing, Managing Suppliers, Multi Category responsibilities)
* 15+ years of experience (5/6 years of furniture experience in last 10 years)
* Experience in a large brand with a best practise background. 100m US$+ Ideally
* Experience in Furniture/Homeware essential
* Management of large teams (15+) - Managing senior managers is key "business leader"
* Demonstrate experience & leadership in growing a business
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.