Head of Planning / Scheduling Engineering
Job description / Role
51,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We're not just engineers. We're a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet's toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transitions. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.
Whatever your ambition, there's a path for you here. And there's no barrier to your potential career success.
Primary objective : To proactively support the Project by managing the planning process and planning personnel and their activities across the organization. To assist and support the Project Services Manager in managing the Project Schedule and ensure the client gains maximum business benefits from that mechanism. Provide planning expertise and assist the project with their project planning activities.
- Broad understanding of the tools and systems necessary to effectively and proactively manage, control, and report on schedule for concurrent projects throughout the organization.
- Services include planning schedule (work breakdown structure) metrics and tools, collecting performance data, tracking data, analyzing (earned value, productivity and risk analyses), and reporting.
- Identifies and tracks all changes or potential changes to the project scope, ensuring estimates of schedule impact are given visibility with the client and project management.
- Integrates schedule data and reporting with the company's accounting and management information systems to facilitate meeting company performance and financial goals.
- Provide technical guidance to staff and may assign work.
- Reviews work for technical accuracy and adequacy.
- Plans, controls & reports on project work.
- Effective maintenance of Performance through HS&E program
- Achieve safety standards
- Responsible for assessing effectiveness of working practices and systems with a view to continuously improving systems, personal and team performance
- Carry out work in accordance with Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality systems
- To manage the Planning Team to deliver a complete Planning/Scheduling service to the Organization
- Supervise and direct all activities of the Planning Focal Point and the Planning Engineers.
- Work directly with the clients UEV Cost & Planning to ensure the Planning processes, procedures and systems are implemented and subject to continuous improvement reviews.
- Prepare weekly /monthly reports as required, and analyze contractors reports
- Manage the appropriate activities and process to ensure the preparation of Assets and that Shutdown plans are carried out in a consistent and accurate manner
- Liaise with the Engineering Manager, Construction Manager, Operations Development and Asset Focal Points to ensure the planning process accurately reflects the work scopes and requirements of the managers
- Schedule all HSE issues relevant HSE plan activities
- Liaise with the Management Team on all relevant cost and planning issue
- Prepare regular status reports and forecasts for project management and client review.
- Supervise and develop other planning and specialist support staff at home and/or field office locations.
- Establish and maintain activity level integration between P6 and Project Management Reporting tool.
- Maintain the current and baseline schedule, analyze the effect of proposed changes and maintain the baseline change control authorization process
- Quality Assurance - Responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Quality Assurance system relevant to the Oil & Gas Business Unit.
- Safety - Responsible for personal safety safe working practices for the Oil & Gas Business Unit. Understand and follow OH&S procedures.
- The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor Degree in Engineering or an Engineering qualification or equivalent experience in engineering / construction.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 15 years of experience in their career.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 10 years of experience within the Oil & Gas / Petrochemicals Industry.
- The ideal candidate will have experience in cost and project control computer applications.
- The ideal candidate will be an expert level user of Primavera P6.
- The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate an awareness and understanding of industry standard practices in planning / scheduling activities.
- The ideal candidate will have demonstrated relevant industry estimating experience, ideally gained within the oil and gas industry.
- The ideal candidate will have a comprehensive understanding of Risk Management & Expert level user of Schedule Risk Analysis.
- The ideal candidate will have a Comprehensive experience in Delay Analysis Methodologies for EOT (Extension of Time) Claims.
What we offer you
Providing our people with an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity. Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us. If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.
About the Company
Worley is a leading global provider of professional services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We partner with our customers to address their most critical challenges at every stage of their projects: from initial concepts to sustaining and enhancing their assets. And we provide smarter, bolder solutions while delivering on our own sustainability commitments.
We are 51,000 bright minds across 46 countries all driven by a common purpose – delivering a more sustainable world. While working to fulfill our ambition to be recognized globally as the leader in sustainability solutions.