Head - Process Engineering
Job description / Role
51,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We're not just engineers. We're a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet's toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transitions. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world?
Whatever your ambition, there's a path for you here. And there's no barrier to your potential career success. For more information, visit Worley.com
What we offer you
Providing an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative, and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality, and diversity. Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us. If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley
To ensure design integrity whilst leading the process engineering group.
- Ensure work is carried out competently and effectively within time and budget constraints and that project objectives are satisfied.
- Subject matter specialist for the resolution of issues arising across all areas of process design.
- Overall supervision of instrumentation engineers, designers and technical personnel in the execution of all PMC projects.
- Mentoring of less experienced members of staff including 'hands on' approach to the formulation and delivery of training programs for Kuwaiti personnel.
- Ensure integrity of work scope and that all work is carried-out in accordance with applicable codes and standards.
- Manage discipline resource requirements including manpower planning, recruiting and identification of expertise gaps and filling such.
- Completing annual competency and performance assessments of personnel.
- Prepare process engineering cost, time and resource requirement estimates on all WPK assigned projects.
Essential Skills/Experience :
- Proven ability to organize and manage teams of discipline engineers across a diverse portfolio of projects.
- Proven record in mentoring, training, and technology transfer to location nationals.
- Excellent skills with relevant software including MS Office suite.
- Dispute resolution.
- Ability to interact effectively with people and use clear, fluent, and expressive verbal and written language to convey information and ideas.
- Broad based knowledge of the requirements for process engineering through all phases of project life cycle, from FEED through to Commissioning, within Oil & Gas or related industries.
- PMC experience required.
- Experience with advanced engineering design tools and data systems
Qualification(s) Requirement :
- The ideal candidate will possess either an engineering degree and/or an equivalent diploma from an accredited college or university.
- The ideal candidate must have a minimum of 20 (Twenty) years of total minimum experience post qualification within the Oil & Gas, refinery, or petrochemical industry, with exposure to heavy oil projects
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 10 [Ten] years industry relevant experience.
- The ideal candidate must have a minimum experience of 5 [Five] years in a related designation / specialty within a GCC country. The GCC countries referred to here are: The State of Kuwait, The Kingdom of Bahrain, The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, The Sultanate of Oman, The State of Qatar, and United Arab Emirates.
- High level of understanding of management of interfaces across multi-functional Company and Client groups
- Well-developed man management and client management skills.
- Track record of managing multi projects and multi-discipline design teams
What we offer you
Providing our people with an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative, and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality, and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.
About the Company
Worley is a leading global provider of professional services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We partner with our customers to address their most critical challenges at every stage of their projects: from initial concepts to sustaining and enhancing their assets. And we provide smarter, bolder solutions while delivering on our own sustainability commitments.
We are 51,000 bright minds across 46 countries all driven by a common purpose – delivering a more sustainable world. While working to fulfill our ambition to be recognized globally as the leader in sustainability solutions.