Job description / Role
Work with the Operations Manager and the Health and Safety Team to identify, assess and reduce areas of risk related to people, property, and asset safety across the Alshaya Food Site.
To deliver the day-to-day tasks, activities, and outputs required to maintain high levels of health & safety compliance as specified by the Head of Health and Safety.
Provide the company with prompt and professional accident / H&S incident investigation service, working with internal and external resources. Focus on and offer advice around legal/company compliance and best practices relating to all health and safety aspects across Alshaya Food.
- NEBOSH General Certificate (or equivalent)
- IOSH Managing Safely
- Fire Safety knowledge
- Food Safety Level 3
- Putting the Customer first and making them the core focus of your role; striving to create a positive experience at every interaction point with both internal and external customers; being proactive in understanding their needs; treating your colleagues and team members as customers and taking responsibility to support and help them to grow with us.
- Enthuse the community you work within to build and sustain a customer-focused culture.
- Listen to your customers, clearly understand their needs, and empower your team to resolve customer issues in a timely fashion.
- Earning others' trust and respect through consistent honesty and professionalism in every interaction; actively showing trust in others and developing lasting relationships; demonstrating Alshaya's values; keeping commitments made to others; being approachable, open, and honest - your actions are consistent with your words.
- Act honestly and with integrity
- View team actions positively; be tolerant of others and not intimidate, humiliate or discourage people.
- Thank the team and individuals for their achievements through praise and recognition.
- Take the initiative to build effective relationships with others
- Ability to create a positive H+S Culture
- Giving people both the ability and the opportunity to step up and drive the business forward; conveying confidence in employees' ability to be successful, especially at challenging new tasks; delegating significant responsibility and authority; giving employees the freedom to decide how they will accomplish their goals and resolve issues.
- Encourage team members to take responsibility for the tasks they perform.
- Give opportunities to team members to lead tasks or projects.
- Embrace new ideas from team members and acknowledge people's expertise and know-how.
- Give the team credit and praise for their ideas and results
- Min 5 years experience in H&S or compliance function
- Min 3 years' food safety experience.
- Food Manufacturing experience is an advantage
- Experience in training delivery
- Detailed analytics - Excel skills and report writing. Understand data and provide plans to mitigate risk, focus on ROI in business focus
About the Company
As a leading international franchise operator, with nearly 90 of the world’s most recognised brands in its portfolio, Alshaya Group brings great shopping, dining, leisure and hospitality experiences to millions of customers across the Middle East & North Africa, Russia, Turkey, Europe and beyond.
Alshaya Group is a dynamic multinational business and family owned enterprise with a consistent record of growth and innovation. For 35 years, Alshaya has been a pioneering force in brand franchising, using its exceptional knowledge and experience to expand at pace.
Our portfolio of well-loved international brands includes Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, The Body Shop, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn, KidZania and, coming soon, Hampton by Hilton.
From one retail franchise store opened in Kuwait in 1983, Alshaya Group has consistently grown and diversified and today offers customers an unparalleled choice of brands across multiple sectors; Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings, Leisure & Entertainment, and Hotels. A diverse, skilled team of 53,000 people from 120 nationalities support more than 4,000 stores, cafes, restaurants and leisure destinations, a growing online business and a commitment to delivering great customer experiences.