Job description / Role
Work in Kuwait is contingent upon the applicant's ability to obtain a work permit from the State of Kuwait, which is requested on the applicant's behalf by their employer. Effective January 1, 2021, the Kuwait Public Authority of Manpower issued new work permit regulations, informing contractors that it will not issue a work permit to any individual who is fifty-nine (59) years or older and holds a high school grade certificate or less. A two-year college degree or higher is required for all candidates fifty-nine (59) years or older. See Administrative Decision No. (520) of 2020 AD - Amendment to the Administrative Decision No. (552) of 2018 on Issuing the Work Permit Regulations.
Oversees engineer/ heavy equipment maintenance repairs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs overhaul, repair, and service of engineer/ heavy equipment maintenance at the Field and Sustainment level of Maintenance.
- Performs maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs on heavy equipment including but not limited to military and civilian heavy equipment.
- Oversees the maintenance performance and safety of assigned team.
- Conducts cross training for other employees.
- Assists the Supervisor with assigning and monitoring the work load and perform the duties and responsibilities of Supervisor during absences.
- Ensure strict compliance to safety practices and support the AMENTUM Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Specialized Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have knowledge of diesel engines.
- Must have the ability to analyze and interpret US Army Technical Manuals with relation to vehicle maintenance and repair.
- Must be able to function with basic level of English oral and written language skills, through demonstrated proficiency, testing or both.
- Requires a collaborative work style which fosters cooperation and teamwork.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Vocational Education or manufacture training in heavy equipment repair preferred.
- 4 years' experience as a heavy equipment mechanic required.
- Army MOS 52C/91C or equivalent training required.
Certification, License & Clearance:
- Valid Driver's License required
- Tier 1 NACI required for all U.S. Citizens.
Work Environment, Physical Demands & Mental Demands:
- Ability to perform job duties efficiently and effectively.
- Must be able to work in extreme environmental conditions including dust and high temperatures.
- Must be able to endure long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 Lbs.
Safety - Amentum enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the Amentum Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable Amentum Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
This position description indicates the general nature and level of work expected. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required. Employee may be asked to perform other duties as required.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
About the Company
Amentum is a premier global technical and engineering services partner supporting critical programs of national significance across defense, security, intelligence, energy, and environment. We draw from a century-old heritage of operational excellence, mission focus, and successful execution underpinned by a strong culture of safety and ethics.