Job description / Role
Heavy Mechanic/Technician - Kuwait
Reporting into the Service Manager, the Heavy Equipment Technician will be part of the wider Engineering Service team that is responsible for attending breakdowns and carrying out fault-finding, diagnostics, servicing and repairs to a variety of powered access machines. Planned preventative Maintenance (PPMs) will also be a part of the daily duties.
This is a customer focused engineering role requiring a strong ability to build rapport and solid customer relationships. The chosen candidate will need to be a confident, professional person with a good level communication skills and the ability to work autonomously and proactively, whilst providing the highest levels of customer service.
As well as being stationed at your assigned depot workshop, this role may be required to work outside of normal office hours or travel outside of assigned depot city for the occasional project at our other depot locations in the GCC.
Complete planned maintenance activities including maintaining the appearance of the fleet to corporate standard. Ensuring all waste is disposed as per the Company policy.
- Diagnose and fault find to ensure the machines meet the manufacturers and company specifications, ensuring that no short cuts are taken during the repairs. Refrain from undertaking any task in which your ability or knowledge does not allow you to complete.
- Repair machines within the workshop as required in line with manufactures specification and Company policy
- Follow the proper R4 procedures when changing the machine status (without deviation) - PHI (4) - Repair (3) - PDI (1) – Available
Quality, Health and Safety
- Maintain at all times the highest level of safety during the task and that each task is completed in conjunction with the relative Safe System Of Work ( SSOW ) and Risk assessment for the task in hand.
- Flag any non-compliances with the health and safety and / or repair standards to the line manager.
- Accurately completes all relevant work documentation which is assigned electronically through the Smart Phones, ensuring 100% compliance with data input at all times.
- Obtain warranty instructions and ensure that all warranty claims are completed and passed for recovery
- Support the Service Manager/ Foreman in the effective running of the Depot Workshop.
- Maintain records covering workshop equipment servicing
- Assist with TechX activities.
KWD 300 to 350 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Additional benefits: + 115 KWD Housing Allowance + company shared Transportation
The chosen candidate will meet ALL the essential criteria below:
- Engineering diploma, vocational qualification or above
- Previous experience working on a range of complex machinery such as mobile access, heavy plant or other construction equipment such as;
- Powered access equipment e.g. cherry pickers, scissor lifts, propelled booms and hoists.
- plant machinery
- tele handlers
- Good understanding of the principles of mechanical circuits and systems with the ability to read mechanical/electrical circuit diagrams and schematic drawings
- Ability to methodically find fault, diagnose, repair and maintain a variety of mechanically powered machines
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications such as Word and Excel
- Able to work to Health & Safety regulations and comply with all company policies and procedures
- with transferable visa
About the Company
Established in 1996, Rapid is the Middle East leader in powered access equipment rental & sale, and part of Europe's largest powered access rental company, Lavendon Group plc.
At Rapid, we offer wide range of MEWP's (Mobile Elevating Work Platforms), which offer a number of features making them particularly suitable for different types of applications.
- Steel Erection and construction
- Lighting and electromechanical maintenance
- Industrial and building maintenance
- Signage and Events
- Outside Broadcasting
- Telecommunications maintenance
- Facilities Management
- Airport, Ship and Highway Maintenance
As members of the team committed to providing strength on the ground and performance in the air we work with a simple business philosophy 'Your success is ours'.
Mechanical Technician (Rotating Equipment)