Job description / Role
• To develop the social and communication skills of children and provide a safe and secure environment in which the child can learn.
• To develop schemes of work and lesson plans in line with curriculum objectives.
• To develop and foster the appropriate skills and social abilities to enable the optimum development of children, according to age, ability and aptitude.
• Understand pedagogy and research-based instructional strategies
• Plan and conduct activities for a balanced program of instruction, demonstration, and work time that provides students with opportunities to observe, question, and investigate.
• Instruct students individually and in groups, using various teaching methods such as lectures, discussions, and demonstrations.
• Work with others, including teaching assistants and nursery nurses as well as volunteer helpers, to plan and coordinate work both indoors and outdoors
• Share knowledge gained with other practitioners and build and maintain relationships with parents
• Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects, and communicate those objectives to students.
• Keep up to date with changes in the curriculum and developments in best practice
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
• 4-Year Bachelors Degree in Education
• Minimum of 2 years experience as Elementary Teacher
• US teaching license with a designation such as Elementary Education
• Native English Speaker
• Knowledge of US Common Core Curriculum Standards
• Ideally have a good understanding of the English/US Curriculum
• Demonstrated ability to work well in fast paced environment
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Capable of establishing positive and productive working relationships with teachers and students
About the Company
Education 1st was first established with an aim to provide exceptional teaching staff in schools. The company was founded by the CEO, Zen Kahn, a committed educationalist in both the UK and Middle East, working as a Senior Leader in schools, she identified the need to set up a professional and personalised educational recruitment company which aims specifically at providing ambitious teachers and leaders to the right type of school.
Education has changed over time and schools are of differing types, sizes and have their own organisational culture which identifies their core purposes, any candidate applying for a school must have the appropriate skills set, personality and attributes for that particular type of school. This idea will alleviate the transient nature of staffing, improve staff morale, help provide a better sustainable school improvement and ultimately improve the level of education of students in the schools that we work with.
Education 1st operates from a number of countries, our consultants in the UK, USA, Canada, UAE and Australia will work closely with candidates with an aim to support them during their application process. Having our team strategically placed in countries where most of our candidates will be sourced allows us to ensure we understand the calibre of our candidates, we are then able to provide specialist advice to ensure they are recommended to the school which requires such a candidate. Our passion and enthusiasm for what we do, coupled with our ability to respond and adapt swiftly to clients' makes us a cut above.