Job description / Role
The HR Officer manages day to day partial HR operations, recruitment, promotion assessment, job descriptions, induction programs, employee turnover and retention analyses, as well as the Employee Handbook update.
- Ensure and oversee achievement of recruitment needs as per the manpower plan
- Advise managers on best practices in recruitment and selection
- Lead and implement the recruiting and interviewing plan for each open position
- Review applicants’ CVs to evaluate if they meet the position requirements
- Conduct pre-screening interviews, tests and personality assessments
- Interview and follow-up referrals from management
- Perform reference and background checks for potential employees
- Coordinate and follow-up with the hiring managers until the position is closed
- Develop a pool of qualified candidates in advance of need
- Ensure new employee induction is properly implemented
- Liaise with local and international preferred recruitment agencies for external recruitment campaigns
- Explore relationships with new agencies
- Negotiate best rates and terms of business with recruitment agencies for management approval
- Develop creative recruitment solutions and recruitment sources
- Enrich CVs database.
Job Posting/promotion assessment
- Prepare internal job posting in coordination with the hiring manager in case of senior/middle level vacancy
- Announce the job posting after finalizing the selection criteria with the hiring manager
- Filter received CVs, and shortlist according to the approved criteria
- Conduct internal assessment/panel interview (HR, hiring manager, senior manager...) for the shortlisted candidates
- Manage the promotion process (internal and groups approvals)
- Announce the selected candidate after obtaining approvals.
Other Projects and Reports
- Update and maintain job descriptions, and assessment forms
- Update and maintain Employee Handbook
- Produce reports to assist line and HR management to assess the effectiveness of people management practices, including: recruiting, retention, turnover, mobility and career progression.
2 – 3 years in a similar role
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.