Human Resources Manager
A Leading Developer and Construction Management Company in Kuwait
Job description / Role
The Human Resources Manager will lead the HR team and HR processes for a large civil construction contractor delivering a city mega project in the south of Kuwait.
We are forecasting approximately 3,000 employees (increasing from the current 2,000) with the majority being in the civil construction field and / or the associated support disciplines. A small percentage of the workforce work in the service industries.
The Human Resources Manager will have a high degree of autonomy and responsibility and will report to the Director - Infrastructure and Construction Management
• Lead the HR team in managing:
- Visa processing
- Employment contract extensions and/or renewals
- Leave assessments and processing
- Employee flights
- Visiting specialist’s flights and accommodation
• Review and update HR policies and procedures in line with the company’s culture and Kuwait Labour Law
• Support the HR team such they are suitably trained, are multi-skilled and are proficient in their duties
• Streamline department processes and drive a culture of continual improvement
• Manage company staffing requirements including recruitment and contract renewals
• Manage the performance reviews
• Monitor market conditions to inform the setting of employment packages
• Process warnings and disciplinary actions
• Identify areas for training and upskilling within the HR Team and across the organisation
• Publish monthly HR reports
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a similar senior role
• Degree/qualifications in Human Resources Management preferred.
• A working knowledge of roles and responsibilities in the field of civil construction / project management is considered a distinct advantage.
• Excellent organisation skills and attention to detail
• Confident communicator and ability to build rapport at all levels
• English Language (written & verbal) are essential, Arabic and/or Hindi skills would be an advantage
• Proficient in Microsoft suite of products
• A history of working abroad with large multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary construction projects is preferred
About the Company
A market leader in delivering high quality urban infrastructure in Kuwait.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Human Resources Business Partner
A Leading Consultancy In UAE
HR Manager - School