Job description / Role
Duties may include but will not be limited to:
• Executing the maintenance activities (preventive and corrective maintenance) of all the hydraulic systems & pneumatic systems with assistance from the mechanical fitter, as per daily checklists and SAP preventive maintenance plan.
• Inspection of responsible/allocated area system, reporting any major abnormality to the higher level and recording it in the logbook and checklists of SAP
• Execution of corrective action to eliminate the identified abnormalities with assistance from, Mechanical Fitter
• Thorough understanding of all the hydraulic systems & pneumatic systems and their circuits, and system components so that maintenance time can be reduced by solving the problems quickly to ensure the maximum equipment availability.
• Implementing the instruction from the management
• Coordinating with other departments and working as a team
• Carrying out daily hydraulic oils of various systems, making the spares list, proper maintenance of systems, Equipment/ facilities/ carrying out repair works, and keeping spares ready.
• Studying the hydraulic & pneumatic systems circuit diagrams/ drawings, selecting proper tools for special/critical jobs, safekeeping, and working effectively to reduce maintenance costs.
• Responsible to have proper housekeeping and cleaning of equipment, tools, and work areas. Cleaning of equipment areas after any maintenance job
• Following rules & regulations of the company, such as company annual leave, medical leave, working hours, shift schedule, off days, and safety instructions and the rules specified by the Authority/ Ministry
• Performs other tasks and duties that may be assigned by his superior.
We are looking for a talented and skilled Hydraulic & Pneumatic Specialist to join our multicultural and diverse team in Kuwait. You will be responsible for monitoring and controlling day-to-day hydraulic and & pneumatic shift activities, preventive maintenance activities, and attending planned and unplanned shutdowns and repairs. Inspection and maintenance of hydraulic & pneumatic systems of EAF/LF/CCM and Air compressors. Assisting his superior in finalizing jobs for a planned maintenance day, annual shutdowns, and controlling the same complete within the time schedule.
About the Company
The United Steel Industrial Company (Kuwait Steel) is a private Kuwaiti Closed Shareholding Industrial Company that was established in the year 1996. Kuwait Steel is headquartered in Kuwait, a Middle Eastern country situated along the Arabian Peninsula, which is a prime, diverse and auspicious environment, full of opportunities and capacity for corporate growth. Predominantly, we strive to manufacture and deliver a wide range of value-added steel products to serve the expanding steel market, locally and at a global scale. Throughout the years, Kuwait Steel has become partners with a wide range of industries and sectors, including construction, industrial, oil and gas companies, with the aim of promoting sustainable development and growth. The company has been founded on the aspiration to deliver and produce high-quality steel products, made possible through innovative research, and to ensure present-day society manages to resolve current needs without having to compromise the demands and requirements needed for the future generation.
We pride ourselves in operating in a manner that reflects honesty, integrity, reliability and most importantly, consistency, which ensures that we achieve, sustain and maintain trust and integrity in the steel industry, without compromising our high standards in delivering customers' steel needs.
Although Kuwait has relied on oil as its main source of income, recently, the objective and aim of the government has been to transform and diversify the economy by becoming less reliant on oil, making this the ideal opportunity for the steel industry to thrive within an attractive and exciting business environment for Kuwait Steel.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies