Job description / Role
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Administration
Job Description & Summary
A career in Administration and Secretarial Services, within Internal Firm Services, will give you with the opportunity to provide administrative support to PwC employees. You'll focus on using business software applications to prepare reports, receiving and directing incoming calls or emails to the appropriate parties, arranging business travel, tracking expenses, and coordinating meeting arrangements. Simply put, you'll work closely with dedicated PwC staff to provide administrative support.
As an Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- To provide support and day-to-day administrative assistance to the allocated partners, directors/critical roles within the firm.
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Diary management
- Manage demanding diaries, ensuring efficient scheduling of meetings, coordinating with all relevant parties to ensure the best possible use of time and resolving clashes/conflicts appropriately
- Ensure Executive get to meetings on time with appropriate documentation
- Act as backup in managing other Executives' diaries when their Assistants are not available
- Call management
- Handle and screen calls for Executive
- Take and pass messages to Executive in a timely manner
- Monitor Executives' email inboxes when they are out of the office or at meetings and take action as necessary
- Assist other EAs during busy periods
- Pro-active planning for meetings and follow up actions (documents, papers needed…)
- Organise local internal and external meetings, including organising catering, IT requirements etc
- Meet and greet visitors
Partner and Executive general admin
- Develop understanding of PwC standards and formats
- Proofread and edit documents when required i.e. presentations, proposals, letters
- General filing
- Keeping Executive own contacts databases/business card storage up to date
Learning and Growth
- Exercise confidentiality, discretion and personal sensitivity in all aspects of the role
- Comply with PwC policies and procedures in all aspects of the role
- Build network of strong working relationships both internally and externally
- Act as a key resource and liaison to other functional areas of the business, building cross-functional relationships as needed
- Bachelor's degree
- Proficiency in spoken and written English, Arabic is an advantage
- 1-2+ years experience in an administrative role
Experience with a professional services firm is an advantage
Knowledge and skills
- Demonstrate strong organisational skills, regularly act on own initiative, highlighting issues and suggesting possible solutions
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills and intrapersonal skills
- Must possess a professional telephone manner
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure
- Demonstrated team player and dedication to provide high level of service
- Must possess a warm, friendly and professional demeanor
- Knowledge of administrative systems and processes
- Ability to use Google including G suite
- Must possess good keyboard skills (at least 55wpm
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.