Job description / Role
Our client has signed a 5-year O&M contract to operate a new cement plant in Kuwait, incorporating a full organization to implement a complete maintenance strategy and technical back-up, as well as delivery of spare parts and consumables. The agreement covers a new 150 tph grinding station in Kuwait. The grinding station has been also delivered by our client and consists of a UMS ball mill, a Ventomatic packing plant and material handling equipment. They are currently looking to Electrical Technician Cement Mill Packing in Kuwait.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Ensure compliance with the relevant statutory legislation and internal company Safety, Health & Environmental standards. Ensure good working conditions and safety standards are maintained.
• Ensuring the permit to work system and any other safety system (Hot Work, Confined Space, Work at Height, lifting, slinging, and rigging etc.) are strictly adhered to.
• Assess risks, carry out Risk Analysis and plan corrective actions as and when required.
• Responsible for a designated area of the plant to provide detailed inspection program, carry out inspections, log data, analyze data and report to Methods Manager.
• Utilize inspection techniques such as, NDT, dynamic balancing, thermography, laser alignment, Oil Debris analysis etc.
• Raise work requests from the inspection and liaise with planning engineers to ensure risk assessments and method statements are prepared or are in place.
• Analyze data, prepare detailed technical reports and histories. Provide plant history and cost information for all activities undertaken.
• Advise Methods Manager of conclusion and assist in recommending plant improvements.
• Supervise contractors at maintenance shut down periods
• Quality assures installation and repair work, with designated area of responsibility.
• Assist in root cause analysis of plant incidents or failures.
• Liaise with optimization and production departments to understand and assess the production and process impacts and influences on equipment reliability.
• Ready to work additional hours, if a need arises, according to the overtime rules of the company.
• Willing to take up any duties/job allocated to them for which they have the skill, experience or ability to carry out safely.
• Take lubricant samples according to the scheduled period for analysis purpose.
• Follow systematically the lubrication, inspection program.
• Analyze the results of sampling with the Reliability Manager and propose actions accordingly.
• Share with Mechanical Shift Technicians possible anomalies observed on the equipment while lubrication is being carried out.
• Responsible for the lubrication/greasing of all the plant equipment.
• Specify work procedures if required.
• Prepare and up-date a lubrication plan for each equipment.
• Responsible for housekeeping and safety of the lubricant workshop.
• Ensure safe storage and disposal of use and dirty rags.
• Work with the planning in the development of job plan.
• Monitor the consumption of oils and greases for each main equipment.
• Responsible for management of lubrication documentation.
• Responsible for inventory control and storage safety of the lubricants in the workshop.
• Respond to emergency needs.
• Propose improvements for cost reductions.
• Contribution to Equipment failure rate, MTBF.
• Percentage of completed inspection work orders versus scheduled work orders.
• Percentage of executing work orders coming from inspection versus a total of executing work orders.
• Optimization of lubricant consumption rate.
• Number of incidents related to improper lubrication through RCA.
• Lubrication compliance: percentage of lubrication work orders done versus lubrication work orders scheduled.
• Graduate or Technical equivalent, Safety Qualification
• Certified Mechanical Technician/Engineer
• Specific knowledge of Cement plant machinery. 5 years minimum
• Good knowledge of Cement manufacturing process.
• Thorough knowledge of general mechanical maintenance
• Knowledge and experience of inspection techniques
• Experience of computerized maintenance systems. (Maximo)
• Understanding of fundamental lubrication concepts and application of these concepts (such as Viscosity, NLGI #'s, V.I., AW, EP, R&O, ISO Cleanliness Codes, Beta Filter Rating, etc.).
• Has a strong fundamental understanding of mechanical, hydraulic and
• Circulating systems operation, contamination control and maintenance functions
• Interpersonal & Management Skills
• NTD, Oil Debris analysis, vibration analysis, laser alignment, dynamic balancing
• IT literate, particularly
• Commitment to maintaining and improving Health & Safety standards
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Ability to work well within a small team.
• Self-Motivated with a proven ability to motivate others
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering