Job description / Role
Our client has signed a 5-year O&M contract to operate a new cement plant in Kuwait, incorporating a full organization to implement a complete maintenance strategy and technical back-up, as well as delivery of spare parts and consumables. The agreement covers a new 150 tph grinding station in Kuwait. The grinding station has been also delivered by our client and consists of a UMS ball mill, a Ventomatic packing plant and material handling equipment. They are currently looking to Electrical Technician Cement Mill Packing in Kuwait.
• Ensure compliance with the relevant statutory legislation and internal company Safety, Health & Environmental standards
• Follow safety standards & maintained within all areas of maintenance operations
• Follow the permit to work system and any other safety system are strictly adhered to
• Assess risks, carry out Risk Analysis and plan corrective actions as and when required
• Ensure good working conditions and safety standards are maintained
• Ensure HIRAC / SOP's are followed & implemented & documents for all operational activities are completed - Routine & Non-routine
• Ensure availability of specific PPE's wherever required
• Ensure all safety interlock devices are tested periodically for proper functioning and update & maintain the records for safety audit
• Compliance to the requirements of OSHA, ISO, etc.
• If authorized carry out plant isolations and permitting as per procedures
• Responsible for ensuring good housekeeping and ensuring that on completion of work the work area is returned in a high standard of cleanliness and all safety
• Contribute to the design, selection, installation, configuration and testing/calibration of the following instruments: process sensors, gas analyzers, dust measurement, dosing system and cameras.
• Carry out adjustment of the control loop and participate to optimize.
• Inspect measurement chain to ensure good operating conditions compliance with operating requirements.
• Calibrate periodically measurement chain, according to user's manual or internal procedures.
• Is able to build job plans for inspection and calibration activities.
MAINTAIN & REPAIR
• Define, implement & tune PDI's & control loops with process team
• Is able to detect the origin of malfunctioning and replace/repair the component consequently.
• Enter in the CMMS any technical information regarding inspection, calibration and repair activities.
• Participate to Root cause analysis when required.
• In collaboration with the planner, ensure the availability of critical equipment and spare parts required.
• Supervise the work of contractors.
• Propose improvement on instrumentation equipment and control loop equipment.
• Update the instrumentation documentation (drawings, procedures, and technical specifications).
• Achievement of Plant Safety Performance
• Evolution of the Equipment Failure rate.
• Evolution of the number of stoppages due to instrumentation incidents.
• Compliance with calibration periodicity.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Electrical, Instrument/Automation diploma/degree
• Understanding of Cement plant machinery and process. 3 years minimum
• Knowledge of Process Control Systems: ECS, PXP, PLC
• Good knowledge of instruments and specifically critical sensors (eg:
• Gas analyzers, pressure sensors, thermal couples, scanner, weigh feeders) including design, specifications, installation, calibration and maintenance.
• Knowledge of basic safety requirements and safety procedures
• Experience of gas analyzers maintenance and calibration
• Experience of calibration and maintenance of field instruments and transmitters
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Ability to read and understand all electrical and process control drawings
• Interpersonal & Management Skills
• Ability to work well within a small team
• Self-Motivated, Excellent communication skills
• A willingness to embrace change in our drive for continued improvements
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering
Electrical Engineer (Power & Control)
Electrical & Automation Manager (Power & Control)
Telecom & Instrumentation Engineer
|Al Ain||19 Dec|
Electrical Technician (Cement Mills Packing)