Job description / Role
Our client is listed on the Kuwait stock exchange and has one of the largest, most impressive campuses; offering world class academic programs to undergraduate and graduates. As an IT Director, you will oversee all technology-related strategies for the organization and serve as a leader for its IT department.
As an IT Director, other responsibilities will include:
• Develop strategies to improve the efficiency and efficacy of technological initiatives
• Instill a company-wide IT security strategy to manage all data
• Coach business-wide stakeholders on the importance of key initiatives
• Oversee and direct implementation of software and hardware
• Lead and inspire a team of 25 + including senior management
• Seek out vendors for added-value services
• Oversee large, complex programs to ensure tech initiatives are delivered within cost and on time
• Control budget and overall IT expenditure
As a leader and coach for change, you will have the following experience and skill set:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, Master's degree highly preferred
• PMP or Prince 2 Certified
• Proven experience in leading complex transformation programs, ideally in the education sector
• 10+ years in software development, project management or information technology role with 5+ years in a management or leadership role
• Excellent technical capability and business acumen
• Ability to persuade and influence others
• Must be a pro-active self-starter and possess the ability to solve complex problems with creativity
Please share your CV for an opportunity to add value to one of the most respected institutes across the Middle East, currently welcoming an exciting chance for innovative technological advancement.
• International candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
• Relocation assistance is provided as well as a highly competitive package.
About the Company
Robert Walters is one of the world's largest specialist professional recruitment consultancies with 53 offices spanning 24 countries.
We've helped thousands of professionals find permanent, contract and interim roles with leading global corporations, small to medium sized companies and innovative start ups. Our specialist recruitment focus includes: accountancy and finance, banking, engineering, operations, legal, IT, sales, marketing, procurement & logistics, HR and support/administration.