Job description / Role
Lead Construction Engineer I
Lead Construction Engineer I/ Construction Manager (All Disciplines)
Position Reports to : Projects Construction Manager
- Development and Management of construction and completions capability across PMC projects ensuring that design integrity is not compromised while managing the department in the execution of the process.
- Promote and drive the involvement of Construction in areas of technical design, schedule, preliminary execution planning, and cost estimating.
- Develop and maintain a familiarity and appreciation of capability and ongoing work load of Construction's support providers / contractors.
- Develop and maintain functional responsibility for all construction and completions personnel
- Overall supervision of construction engineers.
- Technical competence of construction personnel.
- Forecast requirement for construction engineering resources, and allocate those resources.
- Prepare man hour estimates to perform project tasks.
- Promote cost reduction and productivity enhancing initiatives.
- Technical supervision of project designated construction engineers in the execution of their duties.
- Prepare weekly progress and expenditure reports on a project specific basis.
- Responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Quality Assurance system .
- Safety - Responsible for personal safety safe working practices .Understand and follow OH&S procedures.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering/ or HND or Diploma in Engineering+ 30 years total experience and 10 years experience in oil and gas major projects in a Lead role
- Minimum 15 years total post graduation experience
- Minimum 10 years post graduation experience in managing large size oil and gas projects, including safety works leading a team;
- Must Have min 5 years experience in a similar role
- Pre-commissioning and Commissioning and Performance Testing experience
- Must have minimum 2 years experience with the KBR in the similar position
About the Company
We deliver science, technology and engineering solutions to governments and companies around the world. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people performing diverse, complex and mission critical roles in 34 countries.
KBR is proud to work with its customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long-term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.