Job description / Role
Title: Lead Design Engineer I - Civil /Structural
Position Title: Lead Engineer I - Civil / Structural
Position Reports to: Projects Engineering Manager
To ensure that structural design integrity is not compromised while managing the structural department in the execution of the process.
Lead all design /drafting activities relating to own discipline on assigned asset
- Overall supervision of structural engineers.
Structural design integrity of work scope and maintenance of standards.
- Identify structural software necessary to enable structural group to function effectively.
Manage structural engineering design and any design changes within budget and schedule.
- Technical supervision of project designated structural designers and draftsmen in the execution of their duties.
Quality Assurance - Responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Quality Assurance system.
- Safety - Responsible for personal safety safe working practices. Understand and follow OH&S procedures.
Cost / budget KPIs for design work.
- Ensure that the level of design work is appropriate for the complexity of the construction tasks, achieving a good balance between design costs and implementation costs.
Evidence of feedback from supervisors and/or superintendents that constructability issues are addressed adequately in design and that work packs contain sufficient detail with no unnecessary content.
- Allocate design / drafting work to team members. Ensure that within assigned team, personnel work within their competencies and with appropriate supervision.
To act as Design Master Controller (DMC). To manage design documentation and drawings (Structural) for there Asset as per WEL procedures.
- Conduct site investigations, prepare reports
- Must have minimum 2 year of experience with KBR in similar position.
- Engineering Degree
- 15 years minimum total experience
- 10 years minimum experience in oil & gas, refinery, or petrochemical industry.
- 5 years of minimum experience in related designation / specialty.
- 3 years of minimum hands-on experience in software for the specialty
- Advanced engineering detail drafting and checking.
- Advanced structural detail drafting.
- Create 2D drawings using computer aided design system.
- Create 3D drawings using computer aided design system.
- Participate in, lead and facilitate work teams.
About the Company
We deliver science, technology and engineering solutions to governments and companies around the world. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people performing diverse, complex and mission critical roles in 34 countries.
KBR is proud to work with its customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long-term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.