Job description / Role
Title: Lead Design Engineer I - Instrumentation
Title: Lead Engineer I - Instrumentation & Controls
Position reports to: Instrumentation Engineering Discipline Head
To ensure instrumentation design integrity whilst leading the instrumentation engineering group on specific projects.
- Ensure work is carried out competently and effectively, within time and budget constraints, and that project objectives are satisfied.
- Overall supervision of instrumentation engineers, designers and technical personnel in the execution of the project.
- Ensure integrity of work scope and that all work is carried our in accordance with applicable codes and standards.
- Manage project discipline resource requirements.
- Prepare instrumentation cost, time and resource requirement estimates on assigned projects.
- Minimum 2 years experience with KBR in the similar position.
- B.Sc.Eng. Degree.
- At least of 15 years total post graduation experience
- At least 10 years post graduation experience in oil & gas / refinery / petrochemical industry experience.
- Minimum of 5 years as Lead Design Engineer.
- Minimum of 3 years experience with software for the automation of the specialty.
- Excellent 2D computer design skills with AutoCAD and/or Microstation.
- Excellent skills with MS Excel, MS Word and MS Access.
- Able to interpret technical drawings.
- Ability to create accurate design drawings from base project information.
- Ability to interact effectively with people and use clear, fluent and expressive verbal and written language to convey information and ideas.
- Knowledge of the requirements for Instrument installations within hazardous areas.
- PMC experience would be advantageous
- Some experience with 3D modelling systems such as PDS, PDMS or AutoPlant.
- Some experience with advanced engineering design and data systems such as SmartPlant Instrumentation.
- Exposure to site surveys, construction or commissioning support and Site Acceptance and Loop Testing on O&G facilities.
- Trade experience would be advantageous.
- Able to do Instrument Hook-ups.
About the Company
We deliver science, technology and engineering solutions to governments and companies around the world. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people performing diverse, complex and mission critical roles in 34 countries.
KBR is proud to work with its customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long-term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.