Job description / Role
Position Title : Lead Engineer I- Process
Position Reports to : Process Engineering Discipline Head
- Co-ordination of specified tasks within the process engineering discipline.
- Responsible for the progress and quality of assigned tasks within the process area, including the supervision of engineers and graduates.
- To ensure all work carried out conforms with agreed codes and practices, meets all requirements of the contracts specification and ensure all work is carried out within agreed schedules, budgets and procedures.
- Management, technical execution and completion of engineering assigned tasks in a specific process discipline area.
- Assisting the project engineers in the co-ordination and preparation of input into the contract documents for each discipline area, including design criteria, scope of work, procedures and design approach.
- Design Estimates
- Production and checking of design documents and drawings
- Minimum 2 years experience with KBR in similar position
- BEng (Hons) Degree in Chemical Engineering
- At least 15 years total post graduation experience
- At least 10 years direct process engineering post graduation experience in the Oil and Gas industry, offshore and onshore or related petrochemicals industry.
- At least 5 years experience in as Lead Design Engineer - Process.
- At least 3 years experience with the software for the automation of the specialty.
- Excellent computer skills with AutoCAD or Microstation, excellent skills with MS Excel, MS Word, MS Access, ability to create accurate design drawings from base project information, reporting, estimating and supervision skills
- Experience with 3D modelling systems such as PDS. PDMS or AutoPlant.
- Experience with advanced engineering design and data systems such as SmartPlant P&ID, SmartPlant Foundation, SmartPlant Instrumentation, SmartPlant
- Extensive experience in conceptual and detailed design of Oil and Gas/petrochemicals facilities and process equipment. Computer skills particularly in the use of process simulation package such as HYSYS and PRO/11 and in commercial software including databases, spreadsheets and word processing packages.
- Production and approval of PFDs, EFDs, MSDs, Cause and Effect Diagrams, Data Sheets, calculations and system modelling and simulation.
- Working to and using the company management systems.
- Ensuring compliance to company, client, local and international standards as given in the project PEP etc.
- Quality Assurance - Responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Quality Assurance system.
- Safety - Responsible for personal safety safe working practices . Understand and follow OH&S procedures.
- Supervision, Team Leadership, Estimating, Conceptual Design, Drawing Production, Calculation, Computing, Modelling, Simulation, Graphical Presentation, Communication in English.
About the Company
We deliver science, technology and engineering solutions to governments and companies around the world. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people performing diverse, complex and mission critical roles in 34 countries.
KBR is proud to work with its customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long-term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.