Lead Estimation Engineer
Job description / Role
48,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We're not just engineers. We're a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet's toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.
Whatever your ambition, there's a path for you here. And there's no barrier to your potential career success.
Prepare and supervise the development and presentation of cost estimates for national and international projects in accordance with the approved procedures and supervise the team to ensure that it is equipped to provide the required services to Worley, and its customers
- Assist in, and ensure adherance to, the preparation and supervision of cost estimates in accordance with the approved procedures to cover the following project phases;
* concept selection and FEED,
* engineering, project management, procurement
* fabrication, transport, installation, construction
* hook-up & commissioning, and abandonment
- Provide support in identifying, analysing and providing innovative solutions to cost estimating problems.
- Provide support in the development of estimating standards, procedures and systems for the estimating of tenders and proposals
- Provide cost estimating guidance to projects
- Support the development of future benchmarking and estimating tools.
- Work with the team to define an appropriate Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) in accordance with the customer and project requirement.
- Prepare the estimate plan to include; establishment of the estimating methodology and cost estimating principles applicable to the estimate preparation.
- Review design scope criteria and quantities for completeness and coordinate with the project to develop additional estimating bases when information is incomplete.
- Support the collection, verification and integration across all work scope into the cost estimate
- Compare and analyse scope, quantities and cost data between projects. In comparison with previous estimates, outcome costs and vendor prices, carry out benchmark estimates through high level norms and industry standards
- Develop escalation model where required and assist with the development of owners cost.
- Coordinate identification of areas of risk in the compilation of cost estimates and evaluate appropriate levels of contingency. Where necessary perform Monte Carlo type risk analysis of costs estimates to determine contingency and accuracy levels.
- Ensure sound quality of cost estimates adhering to the Worley Cost Estimating review procedures at varying project phases. At a minimum, all developed cost estimates must be reviewed by the Discipline Estimator or designee.
- Prepare and present cost estimating information to management/customer. This may include the development of Basis of Cost Estimate report.
- Provide supervision and assistance to planners in the development and integration of individual schedules into the total project plan.
- Assist with cost estimating input into specific studies. Responsible for integration of activities and total work scope identification. Evaluate study results, critical path and recommended conclusions for project team consideration and discussion.
- Review or assist in reviewing schedule/cost engineering and material control related provisions or proposals and develops supporting data for contract negotiations. Participate in establishing pricing structures to be applied to quantities for estimates.
- Define project needs for cost control in accordance with contractual requirements, objectives and procedures.
- Prepare cost trend estimates in support of project cost trend programs.
- Assist in supervising the team, to include;
* Recruitment and retention for Estimating team
* Provide "on the job" training
* Provide mentorship to subordinates and graduates
What you will bring
Mandatory Requirement & Qualifications
- Must have a minimum 10 years estimating experience in EPC Oil & Gas.
- Must be able to read/understand TECHNICAL DRAWINGS in order to prepare MTO's (Material Take Offs)
- Must have degree/diploma in Engineering
Technical and Industry Experience
- Thorough technical and practical estimating skills and able to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work to Worley and its customers.
- Knowledge of the fundamental requirements of the discipline, and the basic requirements of other disciplines
- Knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Highly competent in the use of relevant software such as MS Office Suite and discipline specific software and tools.
- Thorough technical, practical and leadership experience in the relevant discipline, including experience in project engineering and management with specialised estimating expertise.
- A thorough understanding of project planning and scheduling experience and demonstrable leadership and managing a team across multi disciplinary and large scale project
- A recognised degree in the relevant discipline or equivalent qualification/experience. Ideally in Engineering or Construction Management
- Postgraduate qualifications in the relevant discipline; management or supervisory qualifications or equivalent qualification/experience
Our goal is to develop and most importantly retain the people who share our vision and strategy. To help us achieve our vision and yours, apply now.
About the Company
Worley is a leading global provider of professional services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We partner with our customers to address their most critical challenges at every stage of their projects: from initial concepts to sustaining and enhancing their assets. And we provide smarter, bolder solutions while delivering on our own sustainability commitments.
We are 51,000 bright minds across 46 countries all driven by a common purpose – delivering a more sustainable world. While working to fulfill our ambition to be recognized globally as the leader in sustainability solutions.