Lead QA/QC Engineer
Job description / Role
48,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We're not just engineers. We're a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet's toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.?
Whatever your ambition, there's a path for you here. And there's no barrier to your potential career success.
- Facilitate the development and effective implementation of Project Quality Management Systems by the Project Team in a manner that meets Corporate, location and contractual requirements.
- Manage project service and product verification and inspection the project consistent with criticality assessments and contractual and regulatory obligations.
- Manage project quality support functions including quality planning, preventive action, non-conformance control, corrective action, audits and project quality reporting and review.
- Shall have practical experience in managing QA/QC in projects.
- Must be conversant with local and international HSE laws, regulations and norms.
- Must be experienced in Inspections of all Stages of projects in Oil & Gas installations and construction QA/QC works.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and proven track record of successful project management. Must be experienced in managing HSE and QA/QC discipline engineers.
- Experienced with implementing ISO 9000 and 14000 Series and International Standards relevant to Oil & Gas Industry.
Work with the Location Quality Manager and the Project Management Team to ensure:
- Project Management Plans and dependent systems and procedures are developed and implemented in compliance with the requirements of the WorleyParsons Project Management Process (WPMP) and Enterprise Management System (EMS) consistent with specific location, regulatory and contractual requirements
- Project personnel are suitably trained in project plan requirements and to access and apply dependent systems, procedures and reference materials via the Project Web Site, EMS , WPMP and the Knowledge Communities as applicable.
- Effectiveness of quality planning to ensure that process controls and prerequisite product and service verification and inspection arrangements are established and resourced for the project consistent with criticality, statutory and contractual obligations.
- Effective planning and implementation of design control, verification, validation and review activities.
- Effective implementation and coordination of vendor assessment and inspection activities.
- Effective implementation and verification of construction inspection and testing activities.
- Effective implementation of non-conformance, corrective action, and preventive action management processes
- Establishment of an effective risk based audit program.
- Effectiveness of Project Management Review Programs including collection analysis and reporting of project performance measures.
- Participate in the global quality learning community initiative to enable quality professionals to communicate with each other and receive updates on latest developments.
- Support in-house education, promotion and awareness programs relating to sound quality management practice and WorleyParsons quality strategies.
- Facilitate the implementation of existing and new company processes and capability enhancements across the Project Operations.
- Determine areas of potential improvement and, in consultation with the Location Quality Manager and Project Management Team, facilitate the implementation of improvements to address these areas and evaluate the outcomes of the improvements. if this position has determined them should not he/she take ownership)
- Facilitate independent review/certification of Project Quality Management Systems in line with Corporate, legislative or customer requirements.
* Practical Experience of plant and vendor inspection of all types of mechanical equipment typically required at oil and gas installations, both on shore and off shore.
* Fully conversant with NDE requirements and sour environments.
* Excellent written, coordination and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to develop, update and maintain in house technical standards & specifications.
* Familiarity with ISO 9000 and 14000 Series and international standards relevant to oil and gas industry.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- Minimum 10 years post graduation total experience
- Minimum 5 years post graduation experience in same designation , as Lead QA QC Engineer
- Thorough understanding of the principles and practice of Quality Management and the implementation and improvement of management systems.
- Practical experience of plant and vendor inspection of all types of mechanical equipment typically required at oil & gas installations, both on-shore and off shore.
- Ability to develop, maintain, update in-house technical standards & specifications.
- Communication skills - verbal, written-to report standard and presentation skills.
- Demonstrable capabilities in planning and organising projects and activities to meet Project requirements e.g. quality planning and resourcing for projects to ensure they are suitably resourced with sufficient and capable quality management expertise.
- Experience in managing a team of quality practitioners .
What we offer you
Providing an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.
About the Company
Worley is a leading global provider of professional services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We partner with our customers to address their most critical challenges at every stage of their projects: from initial concepts to sustaining and enhancing their assets. And we provide smarter, bolder solutions while delivering on our own sustainability commitments.
We are 51,000 bright minds across 46 countries all driven by a common purpose – delivering a more sustainable world. While working to fulfill our ambition to be recognized globally as the leader in sustainability solutions.