Job description / Role
51,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We're not just engineers. We're a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet's toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.
Whatever your ambition, there's a path for you here. And there's no barrier to your potential career success.
- To coordinate implementation of the PMC Safety policies, HSE Management System and Project specific HSE Management Plans as they apply to the project. Ensure that the site complies with the relevant HSE Legislation and client HSE requirements.
- Develop and implement the project HSE MS.
- Develop and maintain Statistical data for the Project.
- Prepare reports as required for the Worley PMC HSEQ Manager..
- Monitor the EPC contractor HSE Management System and provide advice and assistance to EPC HSE managers so they comply in a consistent way to reduce the risk to the project employees and the environment.
- Ensure the EPC contractors develop implement and maintain a specific project Risk Management Plan
- Ensure EPC contractor subcontractor selection (ITB) processes are developed and implemented on a timely basis in accordance with KOC expectations
- Provide advice and guidance to the EPC contractor management team on HSE issues through the interpretation of KOC policies and statutory requirements.
- Ensure EPC contractors establish and maintain statistical data concerning all matters of health and safety, training programs with which to provide a basis for development of further health and safety activities, to highlight trends for future action
- Monitor compliance with all Kuwait legislative requirements including the dissemination of information to PMC and EPC managers and employees regarding amendments/ additions to requirements as they come into effect.
- Review EPC contractor Safety Management System and advise of required changes.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with KOC, regulatory bodies and EPC contractor to foster the professional image of Worley.
- Visit the project site on a regular basis to ensure interest and awareness of HSE is maintained, conduct regular safety talks and safety training sessions relative to the nature of activities being undertaken
- Pro-actively visit site and with the EPC contractor implement safety measures-promote/ensure safe work practices
Other key activities shall include but not be limited to the following:
- Ensure quality safety observation program is implemented and maintained on each site/project and ensure follow up on findings
- Assist EPC contractor construction management personnel in identifying hazards and in planning and organising the work such that a safe working environment is maintained.
- Assist EPC sub contractor Safety advisors and site management in the development and revision of specific site safety programmes.
- Maintain a HS&E audit and assessment program for the location.
- Carry out regular inspections of the work areas with the respective EPC contractor line manager and or HSE representative and prepare reports.
- Disseminate safety information throughout the workplace via bulletin boards, posters, newsletters etc.
- Assist EPC contractor line management and or construction supervisors in accident investigation process and report accordingly.
- Develop and implement safety initiatives to continually improve, achieve and maintain stated safety performance and objectives.
- Ensure HSE safety inductions are undertaken in accordance with the EPC contractor SMS requirements for all new employees of the company and its subcontractors
- Monitor the availability and use of safety apparel and equipment.
- Provide advice to the EPC subcontractor supervision on the development of project specific procedures and Job Safety Analysis (JSA) training,
- Advise subcontractor supervisory staff and employees in the implementation of strategies to identify and control potential hazards and in the use of the hierarchy of controls
- Ensure all lines of communication on HSE-matters remain open and effective between all parties particularly KOC, Worley, EPC contractors and their sub contractors
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering is Must
- Must have Minimum 10 years total post-graduation experience as HSE personnel in the relevant field, which includes 3 years in Oil & Gas or Petrochmical Industry;
- Minimum 5 years experience in a Lead HSE & QA QC Engineer role.
Must possess at least one of the following:
- HSE certifications(certified courses) in General Industrial Safety, Construction Safety, Environmental Management, Industrial Hygiene, ISO 14001/ OSHAS 18001, Lead Auditor, NEBOSH, ASSE Certificate in Global Safety Management or equivalent courses.
- HSE qualifcation by a reputable professional association; NEBOSH, iDipOSH, iDipNEBOSH, IEnvDipNEBOSH, ICertOSH, CSP, ASP , CRSP , CMIOSH, GSP,CEP,CIH,QEP,CSM,Advanced Diploma in Industrial Safety (ADIS) or equivelent.
- Shall have practical experience in managing HSE and QA/QC in projects.
- Must be conversant with local and international HSE laws, regulations, and norms.
- Must be experienced in Inspections of all Stages of projects in Oil & Gas installations and construction QA/QC works.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and proven track record of successful project management.
- Must be experienced in managing HSE and QA/QC discipline engineers.
- Experienced with implementing ISO 9000 and 14000 Series and International Standards relevant to Oil & Gas Industry.
What we offer you
Providing an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley
About the Company
Worley is a leading global provider of professional services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We partner with our customers to address their most critical challenges at every stage of their projects: from initial concepts to sustaining and enhancing their assets. And we provide smarter, bolder solutions while delivering on our own sustainability commitments.
We are 51,000 bright minds across 46 countries all driven by a common purpose – delivering a more sustainable world. While working to fulfill our ambition to be recognized globally as the leader in sustainability solutions.