Job description / Role
Chartered Structural Engineer
Through Parsons’ engineering and construction management services, we deliver innovative, safe and sustainable infrastructure in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain and Kuwait. Our focus is on delivering air, rail, road and highway transportation; water conveyance and/or wastewater treatment; and land development and public infrastructure to our clients and your communities. Parsons creates interconnected communities and world class infrastructure.
Determines methods and solutions for complex engineering problems and selects the most efficient and economical manner in meeting the objectives. This level of Engineer is a fully qualified professional, proficient in the utilization of current engineering theories and practices. May serve as a technical consultant in his area of expertise for management or the Client.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
• Develops the scope of engineering work, design criteria, schedules, and budgets for the assigned project elements and monitors progress to meet schedule and budget requirements. Identifies and documents changes in scope.
• Reviews work produced to ensure that applicable codes, standards, and procedures are followed and that quality is excellent. Monitors productivity and technical proficiency of assigned technical personnel and makes reassignments as project needs arise.
• Perform structural design and analysis calculations using governing codes and standards, engineering formulas, skills, and experience.
• Provide drawing for own designs and produce sketches to incorporate in drawings by Designers/Drafters.
• Ensures Client criteria and scope are met. Expedites distribution of action items following discussions/meetings with the Client and Project Manager.
• Ensures that structural design work is coordinated with project staff and Engineers from other disciplines by maintaining clear and frequent communications.
• Conducts surveys, studies and site investigations.
• May direct and supervise activities of other Structural Engineers and Designers/Drafters.
• Prepares technical reports, project manuals and documentation of activity for the Client and Project Management.
• Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
• Degree in Structural Engineering from a recognized University.
• Chartered or Professional Engineer.
• Minimum 20 years of structural design experience of large road, highway, bridge projects.
• Fully conversant and proficient in structural design software including SAP2000, Etabs, Safe, Prokon, Midas Set, Mathcad, Autodesk Structural Bridge Design, STAAD Pro V8i.
• Commitment to safety and quality standards.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.