Job description / Role
• Minimizing the production cost with the minimum usage of resources such as spares, consumables, tools, and manpower.
• Carrying-out pre-operation inspection/checklist, equipment trials, and any abnormalities noticed to be reported immediately to the superior.
• Preparation and readiness of LF, equipment, and auxiliary units for operation, including process parameter loading.
• Performing all the activities related to the heat process: ladle receiving, purging activity, heating, alloy additions, trimming, slag control, sampling/temp activity, and heat lifting for caster as per the process flow chart/process standard.
• Monitoring HMI screen for water cooling system, temperature readings, material Bins level, power supply and process parameters, and communication system.
• Logging all the information in the Level 2 system related to heat reports deviations, delays, electrode changing / adjustment activities, and Ladle details like Re -ladle & purging status reports.
• Performing the activity related to the inspection of power cables, electrode holders, equipment, conveyor belts, purging lines, ladle car rails & trench, etc.
• Performing the inspection activity like ladle shell & slag zone bricks, lip jam condition, LF roof & delta for water leaks & metal jam.
• Electrode changing, adjustment & preparation, and seeking assistance from EAF / LF supervisor..
As an LF Lead Operator, you will be responsible to perform day-to-day activities related to ladle refining furnace ((LRF) operations including preparation, maintaining a safe working environment, and reporting unsafe conditions. Perform related activities for process improvement as directed by immediate superior.
About the Company
The United Steel Industrial Company (Kuwait Steel) is a private Kuwaiti Closed Shareholding Industrial Company that was established in the year 1996. Kuwait Steel is headquartered in Kuwait, a Middle Eastern country situated along the Arabian Peninsula, which is a prime, diverse and auspicious environment, full of opportunities and capacity for corporate growth. Predominantly, we strive to manufacture and deliver a wide range of value-added steel products to serve the expanding steel market, locally and at a global scale. Throughout the years, Kuwait Steel has become partners with a wide range of industries and sectors, including construction, industrial, oil and gas companies, with the aim of promoting sustainable development and growth. The company has been founded on the aspiration to deliver and produce high-quality steel products, made possible through innovative research, and to ensure present-day society manages to resolve current needs without having to compromise the demands and requirements needed for the future generation.
We pride ourselves in operating in a manner that reflects honesty, integrity, reliability and most importantly, consistency, which ensures that we achieve, sustain and maintain trust and integrity in the steel industry, without compromising our high standards in delivering customers' steel needs.
Although Kuwait has relied on oil as its main source of income, recently, the objective and aim of the government has been to transform and diversify the economy by becoming less reliant on oil, making this the ideal opportunity for the steel industry to thrive within an attractive and exciting business environment for Kuwait Steel.