Job description / Role
Duties may include but will not be limited to:
• Attending toolbox meetings with his crew members, to address all the safe working practices, INIRs, Hazard & Risk Identification, Ladder Safety, House Keeping, and waste management.
• He should ensure that all required tools and tackles and consumables are available near the shop floor for his shift as well as for the reliever shift to avoid any kind of delays.
• Must follow the shift relieving policy (handover &takeover of shift at the work site) and also, and he must ensure he is available at the work site during working hours.
• Carry-out pre-operation inspection/checklist, equipment trials, and any abnormalities noticed to be reported to immediate superior.
• Preparation includes taking trail movement of scrap & ladle transfer cars and preheater, scrap buckets, rail exchangers, and purging lines.
• Performing the visual inspection of the shell bottom, temperature measurement, and EBT flapper monitoring (during closing).
• Fire watch of surroundings (Roof gantry, Tilting Cylinders, settling chamber, and materials area) during the EAF process and tapping.
• Reporting to EAF SIC for material issuances as per the stock availability at the shop floor.
• Performing all the activities related to purging hose connection & disconnection. LF consumables, manual alloy addition arrangements at the working floor.
• Perform Electrode preparation activities like nipple fixing and lifting spare electrodes.
• Reporting to EAF/LRF SIC for material issuances as per the stock availability on the shop floor.
• Electrode changing, adjustment & preparation, and seeking assistance from EAF / LF supervisor.
• Perform cleaning of rail tracks, scrap car, and scrap charging area, tapping pit trench, electrode stands, and walkways.
• Assisting LF lead operator with the cleaning of car tracks, material area, trench, and roof.
• Perform the activities like gunning, fettling, cold ramming, EBT re-piping, EBT changing, end brick changing, lining repairs, and door electrode changing along with his fellow men / refractory team.
We are looking for a talented and skilled LF Operator to join our multicultural and diverse team in Kuwait. Perform day-to-day activities related to furnaces (LRF) operation including preparation and maintaining a safe working environment and reporting unsafe conditions. Perform related activities for process improvement as directed by immediate superior.
About the Company
The United Steel Industrial Company (Kuwait Steel) is a private Kuwaiti Closed Shareholding Industrial Company that was established in the year 1996. Kuwait Steel is headquartered in Kuwait, a Middle Eastern country situated along the Arabian Peninsula, which is a prime, diverse and auspicious environment, full of opportunities and capacity for corporate growth. Predominantly, we strive to manufacture and deliver a wide range of value-added steel products to serve the expanding steel market, locally and at a global scale. Throughout the years, Kuwait Steel has become partners with a wide range of industries and sectors, including construction, industrial, oil and gas companies, with the aim of promoting sustainable development and growth. The company has been founded on the aspiration to deliver and produce high-quality steel products, made possible through innovative research, and to ensure present-day society manages to resolve current needs without having to compromise the demands and requirements needed for the future generation.
We pride ourselves in operating in a manner that reflects honesty, integrity, reliability and most importantly, consistency, which ensures that we achieve, sustain and maintain trust and integrity in the steel industry, without compromising our high standards in delivering customers' steel needs.
Although Kuwait has relied on oil as its main source of income, recently, the objective and aim of the government has been to transform and diversify the economy by becoming less reliant on oil, making this the ideal opportunity for the steel industry to thrive within an attractive and exciting business environment for Kuwait Steel.