Job description / Role
The Logistics Administrator should be able to carry out the administrative functions of the Logistics department. Should be highly energized and motivated. Should carry out designated tasks when required by the management and ensure that all jobs are carried out to both the customer and company’s standards and within safe working practices. Must be dependable, thorough and possess organizational and administrative skills.
- Administration - Client Billing Monthly storage and handling charges.
- Consolidating data for management reporting.
- Coordination with all warehouses for consumable purchases and follow-up the same.
- Coordination with suppliers for consumables and services.
- Monitor & provide the stationeries and amenities for all the warehouses without any deficit.
- Maintain an up to date list of suppliers, which provide the best cost effective services.
- Coordinate between warehouse, office and other department to resolve queries
- Data entry on a daily basis to produce monthly KPIs
- Compilation of damaged goods listings when required
- Coordination with accounts department and suppliers with relation to payables.
- Filing of operational documents
- Logistics staff attendance (holidays, sickness, absenteeism, etc.) tracking and reporting.
- Planning & scheduling periodic maintenance for all equipments.
- Maintaining Mechanical handling equipment service records.
- To work closely with the team with full respect to channel of authority and instructions.
- Be responsible for any given function or activity at any given time.
- Adhere to work procedures set by the company.
- Adhere to the company’s disciplinary code at all times.
- To work within, promote and identify improvements in company’s Quality Management System as per ISO 9001 standards
- Immediately report any breach in procedures, company policy or security to supervisor / management.
- Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Customer Focus
- Maintain customer relationships in order to build strong loyalty
- Communicate with customers to assess their needs, provide assistance in satisfying those needs and meeting or surpassing customers expectations.
Health & Safety and Environment
- Ensure that department keeps a high standard of health and safety and environmental performance as per OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001.
- Report all incidents, of any nature and however caused, to their immediate superior completing all necessary documentation promptly and accurately.
- Not intentionally or recklessly interfere with or misuse any equipment provided for ensuring
- 0-2 years experience in Warehouse or Distribution
- Flexibility to assignments
- Listening, understanding & Responding
- Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Respecting deadlines
- Attention to details
- Overall Contribution
- Quantity of Work
- Quality of Work
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.