Job description / Role
Work in Kuwait is contingent upon the applicant's ability to obtain a work permit from the State of Kuwait, which is requested on the applicant's behalf by their employer. Effective January 1, 2021, the Kuwait Public Authority of Manpower issued new work permit regulations, informing contractors that it will not issue a work permit to any individual who is fifty-nine (59) years or older and holds a high school grade certificate or less. A two-year college degree or higher is required for all candidates fifty-nine (59) years or older. See Administrative Decision No. (520) of 2020 AD - Amendment to the Administrative Decision No. (552) of 2018 on Issuing the Work Permit Regulations.
Purpose: Under general direction, generates supply/maintenance transaction into the Global Combat Support System - Army (GCSS-A).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs customer service for all GCSS-A related activities in accordance with the GCSS-A End User Manual (EUM).
- Performs and edits according to internal quality control checks during the input of data from source documents.
- Performs duties as the Shop Stock/The Army Maintenance Management System clerk
- Generates GCSS-A reports as required.
- Responsible for maintaining: notifications; work orders; records of services performed; ordering and managing repair parts; dispatching vehicles and equipment; issuing material to work order; returning and recoverable/reparable material to stock; entering time confirmations for work orders; performing the work order completion; and updating the operations status for a piece of equipment.
- Follows up on all weekly transaction reports, weekly form counts and prepares forms to be digitally sent.
- Must perform edits based on FEDLOG codes and classes of supply as required.
- Readiness activities include documentation, records management, reporting and record reconciliation.
- Required to gain access to GCSS-A, IGC, FedMall, LIW and WEBVLIPs for parts and document research.
- Provides logistical support to other operational and support elements as required.
- Provides analysis, technical assistance, by researching repair part availability and expedition as required.
- Conducts and participates in scheduled, unscheduled inventories and surveys.
- Reviews and validates document register reconciliations and submits daily supply activities.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum two (2) years of functional GCSS-A experience is required.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Possess experience and comprehensive knowledge of governing regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Attention to detail in work flow and filing organization activities.
- Knowledgeable of GCSS-A system reports, how to correct discrepancies.
- Must have advanced level of proficiency in the use of MS Office, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook and other related applications.
- Must have advanced written and oral communications skills.
- Must have strong interpersonal communication skills and ability to work and communicate with others effectively.
Certification, License and Clearance:
- Tier 1 NACI required for all U.S. Citizens.
- Ability to obtain SAAR approval for NIPR access to USG STAMIS required.
- GCSS-A certification required.
Facility credentials/authorization required : Must be able to obtain and maintain facility credentials/authorization.
Note: U.S. Citizenship is required to for facility credentials/authorization at this work location.
Work Environment, Physical Demands & Mental Demands:
- Ability to perform job duties efficiently and effectively.
- Must be able to work in extreme environmental conditions including dust and high temperatures.
- Must be able to endure long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 Lbs.
Safety - Amentum enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the Amentum Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable Amentum Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
This position description indicates the general nature and level of work expected. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required. Employee may be asked to perform other duties as required.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
About the Company
Amentum is a premier global technical and engineering services partner supporting critical programs of national significance across defense, security, intelligence, energy, and environment. We draw from a century-old heritage of operational excellence, mission focus, and successful execution underpinned by a strong culture of safety and ethics.