Job description / Role
Our client has signed a 5-year O&M contract to operate a new cement plant in Kuwait, incorporating a full organization to implement a complete maintenance strategy and technical back-up, as well as delivery of spare parts and consumables. The agreement covers a new 150 tph grinding station in Kuwait. The grinding station has been also delivered by our client and consists of a UMS ball mill, a Ventomatic packing plant and material handling equipment. They are currently looking to hire Maintenance Manger.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• To ensure compliance with all relevant statutory legislation and FLS Safety, Health and Environmental Standards.
• Develop and implement a department continuous improvement program as part of the overall business improvement program.
• To set, monitor and control maintenance department budgets.
• To drive improvements in plant availability and performance, including costs, spare parts inventory by the implementation of maintenance best practices across the whole site.
• To improve reliability across all areas
• To liaise between functions to ensure consistency, co-ordination and best practice to eliminate losses from poor practices, expedite learning, etc.
• To challenge and ensure technical solution for major maintenance repairs.
• Plan coordinate and delivery the annual maintenance outages for the plant on time
• To ensure the application of Defect Elimination / Root Cause Failure Analysis to all losses and be responsible for recommendation/implementation of solutions.
• Management of the established site maintenance systems (Maximo/PI/CBM) to maximize their potential to the organization.
• Management of engineering working capital within the plant.
• To keep abreast of and apply where appropriate new condition monitoring technologies, maintenance improvement 'tools' and processes.
• To support the development of engineering staff.
• To manage the performance of all maintenance employees and contractors.
• Proactively supporting individual functions i.e. design, purchasing, maintenance, stores and operations to ensure maintenance practices are adopted and implemented.
• BSc MSc Engineering Degree Mechanical
• Engineering Experience at a senior level. Minimum 8-10 Years' experience.
• Management of Engineering budgets and department.
• Thorough understanding of the manufacturing process.
• Involvement in Continuous Improvement techniques.
• An appreciation of the other engineering discipline in parallel with their core.
• Cement plant operation & Maintenance, Budgeting, Materials Management.
• Root Cause Analysis, Maintenance Management Systems NEBOSH
• Leadership Skills, Employee Engagement Ability to communicate
• Strategic and Departmental Management.
• Business Planning and Project Management.
• Presentation Skills, Influencing skills.
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Technical Facilities Manager