Job description / Role
Ooredoo is an organisation on the move. Thanks to our dedicated employees, we continue to move closer towards our vision to be among the top 20 telecommunications companies in the world by 2020.
We are a dynamic global telecommunications player operating in 17 countries across the Middle East, North Africa (MENA) and Asia. We cover a population of more than half a billion people and serve more than 68 million customers.
In Kuwait, we employ approximately 1,000 talented people, all of whom are driving Ooredoo to be the number one choice for world-class communications services in Kuwait. In the face of intensifying competition, increasingly sophisticated technology and rising customer expectations, nothing is more important to our success than our team - and it's a team that you can be part of.
Ooredoo's future is bright, and you can be part of our ongoing success.
Create and maintain plans to guide and prepare the company to respond, recover, resume and restore to a pre-defined level of operation following disruptive events such as natural disasters and help minimize the impact of such events when they occur.
Key Accountabilities & Activities:
- Conduct a risk assessment with BUs to identify potential threats and vulnerabilities; i.e. IT systems, human error, security, power, access, supply chain.
- Complete a Business Impact Analysis with BUs.
- Review the comprehensiveness and effectiveness of BU specific BIA, Risk Assessment, BCP, and Recovery Plan submitted by the Business Units, following the approval of the BU Chief Officer, on an annual basis.
- Create and maintain organizational BCP and Recovery Plan.
- Create and maintain Business Continuity Management Policy document.
- Ensure availability of comprehensive BU specific test plan
- Review and ensure the comprehensiveness and effectiveness of an annual BCP Test results submitted by BU.
- Create Communication Plan
- Ensure that the Crisis Management Plan and Communication Plan is up-to-date and comprehensive.
- Measure, maintain, and update all business continuity processes and documents as technology and business evolve and change.
- Responsible to drive continual improvement with regards to the BCMS within the Company.
- Ensure MTPD and MBCO for critical products and services are defined and set up.
- Coordinate BCMS Internal Review Plan involving all assigned BC champions.
- Drive continual improvement with regards to the BCMS within the BU.
- Ensure all applicable legal and regulatory requirements pertaining to business continuity & the interest of the relevant interested parties shall be met during establishing, implementing and maintaining the BCMS.
- Undertake projects/ assignments to continuously enhance business continuity management system/structure.
- Assist in the overall management and implementation of business continuity initiatives.
- Provides "hands-on" support to business units in the development of business unit recovery plans and BC related documents, leveraging existing efforts and best practices
- Responsible to drive continual improvement with regards to the BCMS within the Company. Develop and execute trainings.
- On all aspects of BCM and awareness to employees with BCM
- Responsibilities and other employees to raise BCM awareness.
- Of general staff members that may not be directly involved in BCM but need to know their role in times of a disaster.
- Develop training materials. Prepare and report all updates, documents, and present to management.
- Escalate risks and coordinate actions needed to mitigate risks.
- Prepare and issue status reports on projects and initiatives assigned and prepare management reports as necessary.
- Provide data-driven analysis to assist management in decision making to address deviations against established processes and standards.
- Act as a focal point for organization-wide BC initiatives and efforts.
- Work closely with critical business units to understand their processes, identify risks, and provide solutions to help manage and minimize those risks.
- Provide internal consultative advisory services to business units on all BCM matters
- Work with various business units to ensure the running of business continuity planning, training, and testing.
- Act as a coordinator for continuity efforts after a disruption event.
- Lead key business functions to create, document, implement, test and maintain effective Business Continuity plans.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a BCM including program management, business impact analysis, planning techniques for business recovery, mitigation and crisis management
- Strong knowledge of Business Continuity according to ISO 22301
- In-depth understanding of business continuity management and frameworks, strong knowledge of business continuity best practices and protocols, operational risk management, and in-depth knowledge and expertise of the different operations such as IT practices
- Proven project management skills
- Strong leadership
- Excellent collaboration and communications skills with the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships at all levels
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Solid knowledge of IT disaster recovery planning
- Knowledge of telecommunications
- Experience in disaster recovery processes
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong documentation, technical writing and process analysis/improvement skill
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft applications (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- A bachelor's degree in business management, computer science, disaster management, or a related field.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
- Resume / cv
About the Company
We are a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet, and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and Southeast Asia. As a community-focused company, we are guided by our vision of enriching peoples lives and our belief that we can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential.
Formerly known as Qtel Group, we have a customer base of 92.9 million and reported revenues of USD 9.3 billion in 2012.