Job description / Role
Ooredoo is an organisation on the move. Thanks to our dedicated employees, we continue to move closer towards our vision to be among the top 20 telecommunications companies in the world by 2020.
We are a dynamic global telecommunications player operating in 17 countries across the Middle East, North Africa (MENA) and Asia. We cover a population of more than half a billion people and serve more than 68 million customers.
In Kuwait, we employ approximately 1,000 talented people, all of whom are driving Ooredoo to be the number one choice for world-class communications services in Kuwait. In the face of intensifying competition, increasingly sophisticated technology and rising customer expectations, nothing is more important to our success than our team - and it's a team that you can be part of.
Ooredoo's future is bright, and you can be part of our ongoing success.
- Responsible for developing partnership strategy and executing partnerships for Ooredoo Kuwait.
- This will involve creating partnership hypotheses and concepts, selecting partners, negotiating agreements and then building new structures such as JV's, open innovation hubs and commercial partnering arrangements with the chosen partners.
- The focus of this role will be to conduct commercial analysis and make recommendations on value creation options across both core telco areas and new business partnerships
- Responsible for defining strategies and associated initiatives that drive growth for the company with a focus on new business (M&A, strategic partnerships and ventures).
- This role will focus on Digital, OTT, B2C (Sales & Marketing), B2B partnerships, hand shake with BU stakeholders and support Director, Business Development to get buy in from senior management and plan for implementation
- Responsible for analyzing and executing M&A acquisitions and will lead value-accretive projects in the areas of expansion and inorganic growth
- Provide a complete range of information support to business managers, including decision support indicators based on targets, actual, assessment etc. to facilitate decision making.
Key Accountabilities and Activities:
- Adept at preparation of consultancy level presentations
- Support the development of new activities from M&A till handover to business and operations
- Adept at financial valuation of deals including, but not limiting to IRR workings
- Screen and manage a pipeline of opportunities and will assess strategic rationale and prospective returns on investment for the shareholders.
- Lead role in conducting market analysis and develop cost benefits/analysis, business cases and feasibility studies for new inorganic opportunities and projects
- Project management / provision of support for acquisition and/or partnerships
- Drive valuation analysis including financial analysis and modelling; negotiating definitive agreements; managing 3rd party advisory relationships; directing the due diligence process and providing analysis and recommendations on financial implications of various strategic/acquisition initiatives
- Develop pitch presentations setting out strategic rationale and financial implications on acquisition / new revenue stream opportunities to senior management
- Perform regular Portfolio management of business activities and propose relevant optimizations and recommendations
- Support in defining and establishing the relevant Strategic Partnerships to generate new revenue streams and/or complement existing Ooredoo Kuwait assets and capabilities.
- Maintain overall consistency and coherence of the portfolio of Strategic partners
- Support set-up of a Start-up incubator/venture fund development that will benefit for Ooredoo Kuwait and establish the right ecosystem
- Support the development and monitoring of the company's growth strategy and operational excellence based on analysis of industry trends, competitive threats, expansion opportunities and internal performance.
- Support the design of business scaling & revenue growth strategy.
- Identify emerging areas of interest to Telecom and analyze of impact of future trends and their relevance to Ooredoo Kuwait.
- Analyze Business Case for strategic projects and large opportunities
- Perform Deep dives on strategic topics assigned by the management or proactively proposed.
- Work with Director, Strategy & Business Development to prepare the business strategy and 3 year Business Planning roadmap for Business Development
- Ability to work on multiple spreadsheets with east Support the Strategy & Business Development Director in developing Ooredoo Board Presentation & Messages for M&A opportunities and/or strategic partnerships
- Support the Strategy & Business Development Director in developing key messages to ensure alignment Work closely with the management team in developing the inorganic business strategy and the partnerships strategy for Ooredoo Kuwait
- Make recommendations to management team on specific opportunities (external as well as internal).
- Provide reports and presentations for reviews.
- Deliver analytically rigorous and data-driven insights that assist the company executives in making strategic decisions and drive business prioritization.
- Deliver data-based insights to support actionable strategic direction, corporate prioritization, and strategy communication
- Performance & variance analysis - for existing & new partnerships and/or new acquisitions.
- Analyze competitor activities and their performances - with a focus on inorganic activities
- Prepare presentations with input to assist the management team in decision making Proactively take responsibility for self-improvement by staying well-informed of developments, knowledge and innovations in relevant field of expertise.
- Other duties as directed by supervisor or other superiors.
- A Master's Degree in a Telecommunications/Finance/Strategy related discipline or an MBA with a specialization in strategy or finance
- Required 5-6 years of experience based on progression ladder with consulting experience at a leading strategy consulting firm or the strategy and corporate development function within a major company preferably in Telecom
- Demonstrated experience in Business Development, partnership strategy and partnership framework
- M&A experience in consulting firm or corporate environment
- 2-4 years in partner management proven experience
- Telecom industry experience is required
- A proven ability to strategically assess and capitalize upon market conditions and trends, as well as supporting complex negotiations with relevant companies
- Proven facilitator and communicator that has the ability to lead groups at all levels through complex problems with confidence and clarity
- Possess financial acumen with the ability to link and correlated between business strategy/initiatives, operational plans and financial performance
- Good execution skills
- Strong analytical skills and financial modelling capabilities
- Good interpersonal & communication, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Ability to communicate with various levels of management
- Attention to detail
- Ambitious and result driven.
- Ability to cope with deadlines
- Work prioritisation and time management skills
- Team Player
- Ability to operate in a diverse multicultural, multinational work environment, exhibiting appropriate sensitivities
- Excellent command of both written and verbal English, Arabic would be an advantage
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
- Resume / cv
About the Company
We are a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet, and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and Southeast Asia. As a community-focused company, we are guided by our vision of enriching peoples lives and our belief that we can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential.
Formerly known as Qtel Group, we have a customer base of 92.9 million and reported revenues of USD 9.3 billion in 2012.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Manager, Strategic Program Management
|Kuwait City||3 Jul|
Senior Business Development Manager - MEET Region
Manager, Mobile Financial Services
|Kuwait City||24 Jul|
Business Development Manager
A Leading Company In UAE
Project Management Office - Project Director
|Saudi Arabia||10 Jul|