Job description / Role
Ooredoo is an organisation on the move. Thanks to our dedicated employees, we continue to move closer towards our vision to be among the top 20 telecommunications companies in the world by 2020.
We are a dynamic global telecommunications player operating in 17 countries across the Middle East, North Africa (MENA) and Asia. We cover a population of more than half a billion people and serve more than 68 million customers.
In Kuwait, we employ approximately 1,000 talented people, all of whom are driving Ooredoo to be the number one choice for world-class communications services in Kuwait. In the face of intensifying competition, increasingly sophisticated technology and rising customer expectations, nothing is more important to our success than our team - and it's a team that you can be part of.
Ooredoo's future is bright, and you can be part of our ongoing success.
Primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems integrated with telecommunication business, like: Customer 360°, automate scoring using machine learning techniques, build recommendation model, build a model for automated fraud detection, Network Analytics and support CVM use cases. Etc.
Key Accountabilities and Activities:
- Selecting features, building and optimizing models using machine learning techniques & Artificial intelligence.
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods.
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems.
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the quality and integrity of data used for analysis.
- Establish a best practice methodology for Data Governance.
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and visualizing results in a clear manner.
- Creating automated detection systems and constant tracking of its performance.
- Extending company's data with third party sources of information when needed
- Proactively take responsibility for self-improvement by developing business insights, knowledge and innovations in relevant field of expertise.
- Other duties as directed by supervisor or other superiors
- Computer Engineering or Bachelor of Science
- 6-8 years of experience in Data management experience in Telecom field
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R. currently Ooredoo Kuwait has SAS Data Minor.
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as Qlik sense.
- Great communication skills.
- Data-oriented personality
- Proficiency in using query languages such as Teradata, SQL, Hive, Impala
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
- Resume / cv
About the Company
We are a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet, and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and Southeast Asia. As a community-focused company, we are guided by our vision of enriching peoples lives and our belief that we can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential.
Formerly known as Qtel Group, we have a customer base of 92.9 million and reported revenues of USD 9.3 billion in 2012.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Senior Specialist, Strategy & Business Analysis
|Kuwait City||15 Nov|