Job description / Role
Ooredoo is an organisation on the move. Thanks to our dedicated employees, we continue to move closer towards our vision to be among the top 20 telecommunications companies in the world by 2020.
We are a dynamic global telecommunications player operating in 17 countries across the Middle East, North Africa (MENA) and Asia. We cover a population of more than half a billion people and serve more than 68 million customers.
In Kuwait, we employ approximately 1,000 talented people, all of whom are driving Ooredoo to be the number one choice for world-class communications services in Kuwait. In the face of intensifying competition, increasingly sophisticated technology and rising customer expectations, nothing is more important to our success than our team - and it's a team that you can be part of.
Ooredoo's future is bright, and you can be part of our ongoing success.
The purpose of the position is to deliver business planning and forecasting with the focus on Marketing. This contains: monetization, business model innovation and growth. Responsible for performing research and providing insights regarding the market, trends, competitors, potential and existing customers, and current campaigns. Access market opportunities maintain and develop models for data reporting, participate in projects and ad-hoc analyses.
Key Accountabilities and Activities:
- Preparing business plans (which include plans for entry into new sectors/ business segments/ products, devising pricing plans, manpower planning, operational plans for executing such initiatives etc.) for successful launch of such strategic initiatives.
- Guide Marketing team towards any immediate need to change business strategy/ plan based on the analysis of changing business needs and (or) regulatory changes.
- Participate in the business planning process and assist leadership with framing strategy and objective.
- Outline objectives and performance via KPIs.
- Develop management materials for analysis.
- Drive change initiatives in processes and tools, including capability measuring, performance tracking, account planning, opportunity management, etc. Establish best practices.
- Partner with key constituencies (Finance, Marketing, HR, etc.) in the measurement and analysis of business performance and effectiveness including achievement against financial goals, client satisfaction benchmarks and resource allocation standards.
- Support business head and their team in achieving business objectives.
- Provide ad hoc presentations, analyses and recommendations according to the top management's needs.
- Take responsibility for self-improvement by staying informed about the developments and trends in the industry.
- Evaluate market penetration across the targeted segments. Analyze competitors.
- Evaluate demographics, prices, distribution channels, and marketing outlets
- Analyze marketing metrics to identify cause and effect relationships.
- Identify positive financial outcomes to increase profitability.
- Analyze sales strategies in tandem with marketing department.
- Generate reports that analyze competition and customers.
- Offer insights about product potentials.
- Be familiar with advanced statistical analysis and research methodologies, along with common computer programs.
- Analyze various marketing activities and provide feedback to the management and product owners on customer and revenue performance drivers on a regular basis.
- Generate daily, weekly , monthly performance analysis , and derive conclusions out of it
- Generate specific analysis as per business requirement.
- Provide monthly, quarterly and yearly analysis for Group reporting as required by business functions.
- Other duties as assigned by direct or other superiors.
- Bachelor degree in either Finance, Business, Marketing or a related discipline from a recognized institution.
- 5-6 years of experience based on progression ladder.
- Strong knowledge of Telecom Industry, Products and Services.
- Strong knowledge of local market conditions.
- Ability to operate in a diverse multicultural, multinational work environment, exhibiting appropriate sensitivities.
- Fluent verbal/written communication in English. Arabic an advantage.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Good Presentation skills Knowledge of the mobile telecom services and products and overall knowledge of product lifecycle. MS Office.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
- Resume / cv
About the Company
We are a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet, and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and Southeast Asia. As a community-focused company, we are guided by our vision of enriching peoples lives and our belief that we can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential.
Formerly known as Qtel Group, we have a customer base of 92.9 million and reported revenues of USD 9.3 billion in 2012.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Manager, Strategic Program Management
|Kuwait City||3 Jul|
Chief Marketing Officer
Senior Marketing Manager
Right Calibre Executive Search