Job description / Role
VAC7941 - Manager New Businesses and Partners
Ooredoo is an organisation on the move. Thanks to our dedicated employees, we continue to move closer towards our vision to be among the top 20 telecommunications companies in the world by 2020.
We are a dynamic global telecommunications player operating in 17 countries across the Middle East, North Africa (MENA) and Asia. We cover a population of more than half a billion people and serve more than 68 million customers.
In Kuwait, we employ approximately 1,000 talented people, all of whom are driving Ooredoo to be the number one choice for world-class communications services in Kuwait. In the face of intensifying competition, increasingly sophisticated technology and rising customer expectations, nothing is more important to our success than our teamand it's a team that you can be part of.
Ooredoo's future is bright, and you can be part of our ongoing success.
• Responsible for the development life cycle activities of all new products and services from the concept stage to technical and commercial readiness in accordance with the relevant product development criteria. This includes managing the complete portfolio of New Businesses with full P&L responsibility including revenue, cost and gross Margin
• Responsibility of the Revenue, Cost, P&L for content services and managing partners to support in New Business activities. In addition to tie-ups with Lifestyle partners such as Entertainer, Urban Point, Nojoom to provide lifestyle benefits and bringing in Marquee partners on board such Netflix, Amazon, YouTube, Apple, Google, etc. In addition to launching TV services for Ooredoo customers on OTT platforms.
• Responsible for tie-ups with Banks and Financial Institutions to launch financial services. Developing GTMGo to market plan with relevant stakeholders in company and outside such as technical, Finance, Regulatory, Communications, agencies and partners.
• In addition to improving and growing the business, by fostering and developing relationships with customers and partners and working to improve profitability through careful strategic planning and
• Oversee research on innovative services and business opportunities to support new revenue streams and growth opportunities and reviews the development of innovative service concepts to enhance the Company's reach.
Key Accountabilities and Activities:
• Create and Review the business cases including the plan to deliver the required products or services within constraints such as time, cost, business case, and quality standards.
• Marketing planning and budgeting exercises with the ability to understand complex financial information.
• Good knowledge of digital apps, updated in mobile digital industry, business modelling, current trends, market dynamics and customer needs.
• Evaluate and decide what new services Ooredoo should add.
• Manage post launch analysis of products
• Plan and manage the development of the new products with all internal and external stakeholders and ensure that they:
• Able to generate revenue
• Have a positive impact on the Company Brand.
• Improve the customer experience
• Handling day-to-day issues
• Review the risks impacts on the overall scope of the development, scheduling, and end user experience.
• Manage functional testing of commercial projects from Idea phase to Go live in projects and Releases
• Business negotiation skills to insure close all deals and contracts at higher revenue share and margin.
• Manage discussions with technical for requirements related to new products, access channels
• Negotiate with content suppliers from start to finish (i.e. identifying new suppliers, choosing services, finalising contracts etc.).
• Co-ordinate the completion and the delivery of new product or service projects including setting deadlines, assigning responsibilities across functions, monitoring, and documenting the progress of the project.
• Monitor on-going Product Development progress in terms of plans versus actual.
• Predetermine, document and communicate to stakeholders any deviations from the agreed, upon Product Development delivery plan.
• Partner with Marketing, Product Marketing, Customer Care, Training, PMO, Technology, TPMO, Finance and Sales to evaluate, plan, coordinate, train on and deliver new profitable services up to commercial launch stage.
• Actively cooperate with test participants and stakeholders both within the company as well as the ones located at vendor's side.
• Oversee research on innovative services and business opportunities to support new revenue streams and growth opportunities.
• Drives creation and regular revision of testing methodology.
• Review the development of innovative service concepts to enhance the Company's reach.
• Communicate effectively with internal and external parties to understand customer needs of the end users to develop and deliver new related products and services.
• Stay informed of latest international developments in telecom / GSM and telecommunication services in general to possibly benefit the Company.
• Attend training courses, seminars, conferences, vendor meetings, presentations and weekly meetings, as needed, to stay fully informed with the latest cutting-edge business ideas
• Bachelor's Degree in either Marketing, Information Technology, or Relevant Field of Education
• Strong Analytical skills
• Strong Project Management skills
• Strong Management skills
• Strong Technical skills
• Strong interpersonal communication skills
• Overall knowledge of the telecommunications field and overall knowledge of Product Life Cycles
• Knowledge of IP, SMTP, IMAP, POP3, SyncML, MAP, CAMEL, SMPP, XML, HTTP and other relevant protocols
About the Company
We are a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet, and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and Southeast Asia. As a community-focused company, we are guided by our vision of enriching peoples lives and our belief that we can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential.
Formerly known as Qtel Group, we have a customer base of 92.9 million and reported revenues of USD 9.3 billion in 2012.