Job description / Role
Ooredoo is an organisation on the move. Thanks to our dedicated employees, we continue to move closer towards our vision to be among the top 20 telecommunications companies in the world by 2020.
We are a dynamic global telecommunications player operating in 17 countries across the Middle East, North Africa (MENA) and Asia. We cover a population of more than half a billion people and serve more than 68 million customers.
In Kuwait, we employ approximately 1,000 talented people, all of whom are driving Ooredoo to be the number one choice for world-class communications services in Kuwait. In the face of intensifying competition, increasingly sophisticated technology and rising customer expectations, nothing is more important to our success than our team - and it's a team that you can be part of.
Ooredoo's future is bright, and you can be part of our ongoing success.
Responsible for calculating and reconciling postpaid revenue as per IFRS 15 guidelines and prepaid revenue. Ensure the accuracy, correctness and compliance to established practices of all accounting transactions within the area of authority.
- Calculate and reconcile postpaid revenue as per IFRS 15 guidelines on a monthly basis.
- Understand IFRS 15 requirements and assist technical department in implementing requirements to the IFRS 15 engine.
- Review the IFRS 15 engine outputs, verifying the accuracy of the revenue data.
- Provide solutions for IFRS 15 related issues from financial perspective.
- Calculate and reconcile pre-paid revenue on a monthly basis.
- Allocate the correct revenue into different reporting segments on a timely manner.
- Review new product requirements, providing feedback on financial impacts to business.
- Ensure the timely reconciliations and follow up with the BI, Business Support and Control System (BSCS), Retail Activation System (RAS) versus General Ledger (GL) reconciliation and billing values.
- Review data history with trend analysis.
- Ensure necessary arrangements for new revenue stream / product for GL mapping accounting process.
- Resolution of any issues with BI, Technology and other departments.
- Review all the monthly journal entries related to revenue accounting are recorded which are in compliance with IFRS.
- Lead the investigation into discrepancies or shortages of information / data and either take action or report issues to the Sr. Manager, Treasury, Cash & Revenue Management.
- Advise Sr. Manager, Treasury, Cash & Revenue Management of any significant deviation from established process or any procedural default to take appropriate action on time.
- Provide analysis and summaries of information to auditors with appropriate analysis, trend analysis and reasons as directed ensuring key issues brought to the attention of Sr. Manager, Treasury, Cash & Revenue Management.
- Proactively participate in the systems implementation and ensure compliance to the same by the end user.
- Maintain a comprehensive and effective system of financial controls and recording mechanisms, making full use of the Ooredoo Telecom's information technology capabilities.
- Activities are planned and carried out within the scope of well defined policies and procedures and in strict accordance with Ooredoo customer service policies.
- Review the UAT testing results and provide the necessary approvals
- Understand unbilled handset revenue reconciliation & deferred penalty reconciliation and maintaining their accuracy.
- Understand deferred revenue reconciliation and maintaining its accuracy.
- Oversee the collation, processing of data and the production of reports within the scope
- Ensure that a comprehensive and effective system of financial reporting, recording and control is maintained.
- Identify and undertake investigations into discrepancies or shortages of information / data and either take action or report issues to the Sr. Manager, Treasury, Cash & Revenue Management.
- Identify discrepancies and omissions in standard reports/financial data and ensure they are corrected or referred to the Sr. Manager, Treasury, Cash & Revenue Management.
- Develop new models to automate manual work within the department.
- Supervise the work of direct reports to ensure they meet their objectives, are kept motivated and perform in accordance with their delegated duties.
- Undertake regular on the job training to ensure that direct reports have the necessary skills to undertake new or existing responsibilities.
- Delegate responsibility to direct reports, in accordance with their role and ability, to ensure they are developed and maximize their potential.
- Proactively take responsibility for self improvement by staying well-informed of developments, knowledge and innovations in relevant field of expertise.
- Participate in the technology projects in upgrading the collection systems.
- Other duties as directed by the Sr. Manager, Treasury, Cash & Revenue Management or other superiors.
- Recommend the improvements and cost saving measures
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- 5 - 6 years of accounting experience
- 2+ years managerial/supervisory experience
- 2+ years relevant experience
- Good knowledge of MS Office, detailed knowledge of ERP systems, basic understanding of billing systems and flows
- Excellent command of both written and verbal English, Arabic would be an advantage
- Minimum of CA/ CPA /ACCA/Masters in accounting appropriate registration with a recognized professional institute
- Strong Management skills
- Computer literate with an analytical and enquiring approach
- Good communication skills
About the Company
We are a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet, and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and Southeast Asia. As a community-focused company, we are guided by our vision of enriching peoples lives and our belief that we can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential.
Formerly known as Qtel Group, we have a customer base of 92.9 million and reported revenues of USD 9.3 billion in 2012.
|Abu Dhabi||11 Jan|
Assistant Finance Manager
Irwin & Dow
RTC-1 Employment Services
Manager - Financial Accounting
Dubai Parks and Resorts