Job description / Role
Ooredoo is an organisation on the move. Thanks to our dedicated employees, we continue to move closer towards our vision to be among the top 20 telecommunications companies in the world by 2020.
We are a dynamic global telecommunications player operating in 17 countries across the Middle East, North Africa (MENA) and Asia. We cover a population of more than half a billion people and serve more than 68 million customers.
In Kuwait, we employ approximately 1,000 talented people, all of whom are driving Ooredoo to be the number one choice for world-class communications services in Kuwait. In the face of intensifying competition, increasingly sophisticated technology and rising customer expectations, nothing is more important to our success than our team - and it's a team that you can be part of.
Ooredoo's future is bright, and you can be part of our ongoing success.
Responsible for development of the trade marketing strategy, planning and overall execution/management of trade marketing program/activities to achieve defined business objectives across all product categories in retail network. Enhancing demand at the retail network through implementation of trade marketing activities.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Create a winning trade marketing strategy for a dynamic market environment, that will contribute to:
- Expansion of Ooredoo's market coverage
- Extension of "on-shelf territory" of Ooredoo products in retail
- Pushing the Ooredoo brand and products through joint activities in retail
- Developing continuous communication support for dealers and sub-dealers.
- Development of all programs designed to increase brand & product presence in retail shops.
- Develop and implement in-store presentation strategy (display, merchandising, communication)
- Identify and develop promotion yearly calendar taking into consideration brand strategy and channel needs.Developing or adapting generic Trade Marketing tools & deliverables like POS, toolkits.
- Develops planograms for Ooredoo products to ensure that the products are positioned according to the brand
- Ensure and create superior brand-building efforts across retail network aligned with Ooredoo brand guidelines and positioning
- Development and manage of regular PoS material for all channels (including budget, logistics, distribution, assortmentâ€¦) by finding the most efficient solutions.Support in roll out of trade sales & marketing campaigns across trade retail partners & outlets
- Lead &/or involve in projects & new product launches, events and roadshows management
- Design and execute in-store activities to drive shopper conversion and engagement with consumers
- Manage, track and evaluate effectiveness for in-store activations
- Collaborate with segment, advertising and sales teams in building sales promotions and product communication in retail stores
- Manage various agencies to create deliverables with strict timeline management KPIs
- Coordinate with Sales for final delivery of BTL materials to the retail channels
- Work closely with trade retail partners for organization of joint campaigns and trade marketing activities
- 5-6 required years of experience based on progression ladder in advertising or promotional activities in the telecommunications sector
- 2+ years management experience
- Strong knowledge of the Kuwaiti retail, advertising and media sector
- Creative flair and excellent presentation skills
- Ability to understand and execute the measurement of results and act appropriately to improve efforts
- Ability to operate in a diverse multicultural, multinational work environment, exhibiting appropriate sensitivities
- Good knowledge of MS Office applications like Excel, Word etc.
- Excellent command of both written and verbal Arabic and English
- Bachelor degree in Trade/Commerce, Communication, Media, Advertising or related discipline and appropriate registration with a recognised professional institute
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
- Resume / cv
About the Company
We are a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet, and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and Southeast Asia. As a community-focused company, we are guided by our vision of enriching peoples lives and our belief that we can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential.
Formerly known as Qtel Group, we have a customer base of 92.9 million and reported revenues of USD 9.3 billion in 2012.