Job description / Role
• Help students develop the skills and strategies for mathematical problem solving
• Understand the basic concepts of numeracy, counting, and numbering
• Assist students in understanding math as a natural language that is able to be manipulated by the human mind
• Teach students how to build more advanced skills as they progress
• Show students how to check work, revise, and evaluate mathematical process
• Teach students how to relate the problem to other similar problems
• Empower students to consider various problem-solving strategies
• Encourage talk at each state of the problem solving process
• Encourage positive attitudes for both genders for approaching mathematics
• Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects, and communicate those objectives to students.
• Keep up to date with changes in the curriculum and developments in best practice
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s Degree of Education
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics
• Minimum 5 years experience as Maths Teacher
• Must have experience of teaching in a US/British school (in the USA or UK)
• Native English speaker
• Knowledge of US Common Core Curriculum Standards
• Ideally have a good understanding of the English/US Curriculum
• Demonstrated ability to work well in fast paced environment
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Capable of establishing positive and productive working relationships with teachers and students
About the Company
Education 1st was first established with an aim to provide exceptional teaching staff in schools. The company was founded by the CEO, Zen Kahn, a committed educationalist in both the UK and Middle East, working as a Senior Leader in schools, she identified the need to set up a professional and personalised educational recruitment company which aims specifically at providing ambitious teachers and leaders to the right type of school.
Education has changed over time and schools are of differing types, sizes and have their own organisational culture which identifies their core purposes, any candidate applying for a school must have the appropriate skills set, personality and attributes for that particular type of school. This idea will alleviate the transient nature of staffing, improve staff morale, help provide a better sustainable school improvement and ultimately improve the level of education of students in the schools that we work with.
Education 1st operates from a number of countries, our consultants in the UK, USA, Canada, UAE and Australia will work closely with candidates with an aim to support them during their application process. Having our team strategically placed in countries where most of our candidates will be sourced allows us to ensure we understand the calibre of our candidates, we are then able to provide specialist advice to ensure they are recommended to the school which requires such a candidate. Our passion and enthusiasm for what we do, coupled with our ability to respond and adapt swiftly to clients' makes us a cut above.