Job description / Role
Our client is an International Engineering Company into engineering and maintenance of Industrial Plants in Kuwait. They are currently looking to hire a Mechanical Engineer in Kuwait.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Communicate clearly on information relating to potentially dangerous situations and get confirmation that they are correctly understood.
• Conduct HIRAC for all planning activities & link to job plans & SOP's.
• Make sure that key equipment is working properly.
• Ensure the use of Personal Protective Equipment.
• Check for safety and cleanness in the workplace.
• Ensure compliance with OSHA, ISO etc.
• Ensure good working conditions and safety standards are maintained and build into job plans.
• Ensure that maintenance practices comply with Safety, Environmental, and Quality Insurance Standards.
• Ensure good housekeeping conditions and safety standards are maintained within all areas of maintenance operations
• Ensuring the permit to work system and any other safety system (Hot Work, Confined Space, Work at Height, lifting, slinging, and rigging etc.) are strictly adhered to
• Take responsibility for self and coworkers to strictly adhere to the policies, procedures and instructions set for the organization.
• Carrying out maintenance on all mechanical machinery allocated to him to a high quality and efficiency on time by the method statements produced by the Inspectors and Planners.
• Carrying out, precision set up and alignments on key equipment to the design specifications.
• Updating his superior on work progress and result of defects observed, inspection carried out pertaining to his field of operation and should be in a position to locate and organize spares in the absence of the superior.
• Maintain tools and tackles in the right quantity and in good working conditions and uses them properly.
• Identify, troubleshoot and repair mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and simple electrical problems on plant facilities and production equipment.
• Performs preventative maintenance per defined interval/schedule in a timely manner and documents maintenance concerns/resolutions in an electronic CMMS database; providing action plans and status reports as needed.
• Recognizes and corrects potential equipment failure or unsafe conditions and communicates this to the Maintenance Manager.
• Performs welding fabrication (both stick and gas) in various locations and positions, including pipe and structural on various metals for new and existing equipment.
• Perform machine shop work operating various machines such as drill presses, grinders, MIG/TIG/stick welders, plasma torches, cutting equipment (i.e. chop saw), pneumatic tools and electric/manual hand tools
• Performs pipe fitting of both threaded and welded pipes of various sizes, both prefabricated and field runs. Locations could include to and from various pieces of equipment/systems, outside pipe bridges and inside buildings.
• Ensures that all work performed meets required codes (OSHA, City and Federal) and is in accordance with plant policies and procedures.
• Provide coverage in the absence of other Maintenance Technicians.
• Work additional hours, if a need arises, according to the overtime rules of the company.
• Willing to take up any duties/job allocated to them for which they have the skill, experience or ability to carry out safely.
• Undertake all training required to full fill required duties and improve individual skill sets.
• To supervise subcontractors as required.
• Other duties as assigned by management.
• Achieve Plant Safety objectives
• Evolution of the Equipment Failure rate.
• Evolution of the number of stoppages due to equipment incidents.
• Compliance with calibration periodicity.
• The number of job plans completed
Qualifications & Experience:
• Engineering diploma major is mechanic or fitter
• Minimum 5, experience in the same position
• Training certificates required
• Experience working in Cement or similar maintenance functions or related Industry
• Knowledge of Grinding Plant Auxiliary & main equipment
• Safe Lifting of equipment (Slinging & Lifting)
• Ability to read the mechanical drawings, belt conveyor vulcanizing, hydraulic system, safe welding & grinding, procedures, bearing removal & installation
• Making, installing and repairing machinery requires mechanical fitters be familiar with a range of tools and equipment, such as lathes, milling and drilling machines, thermal heating, cutting and welding equipment.
• Tools used to mark, press, cut, grind, plain bore and drill objects etc.
• Ability to read the mechanical drawings, belt conveyor vulcanizing, hydraulic system, welding procedures, bearing information.
• Knowledge of cement or heavy industry.
• Slinging & Lifting
• Mechanical hand tools, Welding machines, Cutting torch, Measuring tools, Scaffolds, Chain, blocks, Wires.
Interpersonal & Management Skills:
• Commitment to maintaining and improving Health & Safety standards
• Strong problem solving and trouble shooting skills
• Ability to work well within a small team.
• Self-Motivated with a proven ability to motivate others
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering