Job description / Role
Our client has signed a 5-year O&M contract to operate a new cement plant in Kuwait, incorporating a full organization to implement a complete maintenance strategy and technical back-up, as well as delivery of spare parts and consumables. The agreement covers a new 150 tph grinding station in Kuwait. The grinding station has been also delivered by our client and consists of a UMS ball mill, a Ventomatic packing plant and material handling equipment. They are currently looking to Electrical Technician Cement Mill Packing in Kuwait.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure compliance with the relevant statutory legislation and internal company Safety, Health & Environmental standards
• Communicate clearly on information relating to potentially dangerous situations and get confirmation that they are correctly understood.
• Make sure that key equipment is working properly.
• Ensure the use of Personal Protective Equipment.
• Check for safety and cleanness in the workplace.
• Ensure availability of HIRAC, SOP and COP for the maintenance activity
• Ensure good working conditions and safety standards are maintained within all areas of maintenance operations
• Ensuring the permit to work system and any other safety system (Hot Work, Confined Space, Work at Height, lifting, slinging and rigging, Braking Ground etc.) are strictly adhered to.
• Ensure good working conditions and safety standards are maintained within all areas of maintenance operations.
• Responsible for ensuring good housekeeping from direct reports and also other maintenance functions.
• Responsible for the execution and the quality of maintenance work to be carried out on mechanical equipment according to plan work orders.
• Supervise and monitor the mechanical installation, repair and maintenance works, ensures that the jobs are carried out in accordance with established company procedures and standards.
• Update the accomplished Work Request/Work Order using the Maintenance software package.
• Ensure proper day-to-day scheduling of works and necessary resources. Assign and review work to perform with the craftsmen.
• Ensure, upon completion of repairs, that equipment is in good operating condition, ready to meet operational requirements, fully inspected, tested, clean and safe. (If working in a simple plant)
• Ensure and control quality of maintenance jobs done by subcontractors.
• Provide reporting on repair jobs including consumption of materials, specific tools, man hours and skills, and fills equipment history files.
• Ensure completion of major operations within schedule (yearly overhaul).
• Contribute in his field, to the development of working methods and definition of procedures and ensure their implementation.
• Keep informed of general plant practices so as to ensure "on-call" duty.
• Actively take part in Route Cause Analysis to eliminate repeat equipment failures, safety or environmental issues
• Participate in the Plant Improvement Plan (PIP).
• Prepares tools, materials and equipment which are necessary in the execution of preventive maintenance and small projects.
• Responsible for supervision of FLS O&M and Contract personnel.
• Responsible in training subordinates, according to the gap analysis.
• Instill and administers discipline among the subordinates for violation of company rules.
• Close coordination/communication with other departments in order to facilitate the mechanical repair and preventive maintenance job.
• Prepares and submits the necessary reports as required by Maintenance Manager and other reports as identified in the company's systems and procedures.
• Define the mission & objectives of his staff and conduct PDR sessions
• Development of Mechanical staff by developing IDP's, defining skill gaps, and where necessary, providing training in activities that support production improvement and coaching.
• Develop succession plan for production department & ensure successors for key positions.
• Promote quality of work and motivates his staff.
• Implement daily, weekly, monthly plant operation practices & cross functional coordination.
• Prepare the plant Organization & People review, including the Plant Team Assessment.
• Actual costs versus budgeted costs
• Reliability, especially raw mills, burning lines and cement mills, as well as equipment failure rate.
• Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF).
• Compliance to maintenance process indicators.
• Frequency and severity rate of accidents of maintenance personnel and contractors.
• Graduate, Mechanical Engineering or Technical equivalent
• Safety Qualification
Knowledge and specific Experience:
• Specific knowledge of Cement plant machinery. 5 years minimum
• Process knowledge
• Supervisory and leadership skills
• Mechanical equipment knowledge.
• Familiar with Welding, Fabricating, Fitting, Turning, Milling, engine, gearbox overhauls
• Experienced in Risk Assessment, lifting operations, confined space working, working at height
• Experienced in work planning and scheduling.
• Mechanical maintenance
Interpersonal & Management Skills:
• IT literate, particularly
• Commitment to maintaining and improving Health & Safety standards
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Ability to work well within a small team.
• Self-Motivated with a proven ability to motivate others
• Excellent communication skills
• A willingness to embrace change in our drive for continued improvements
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering
Mechanical Inspector - Theme Park Rides
Gas & Plant Network Mechanical Engineering Specialist
Maintenance Engineer, Supervisor