United Steel Industrial Company
Job description / Role
Duties may include but will not be limited to:
• Repairs damaged or defective equipment, assemblies, and sub-assemblies in the whole plant like gearboxes, air blowers, compressors, overhead cranes, centrifugal pumps, sump pumps, various rollers and gear motors using wrenches, hammers, spanners, specialized tools and instruments during breakdown and mill shutdown…
• Perform preventive maintenance activities like periodic servicing, cleaning, bolt tightening of binding machines, cold shear, overhead cranes, condition-based/tonnage-based replacement of knives, push rods, troughs, rollers, conveyors, cylinders, wire ropes, bearings, and others.
• Perform maintenance activities during roughing change, size change & mill breakdown when needed.
• Prepare the necessary spares needed for the mechanical maintenance department.
• Attending breakdowns and minimizing delays and unplanned shutdowns and conducting delay analysis.
• Reconditions all hydraulics and pneumatics cylinders using applicable repair kits.
• Maintains overhead cranes by condition-based replacement of wire ropes, wheels, and brake elements and fixed-time servicing of the crane’s moving rotating parts.
• Aligns machines and equipment using precision instruments, i.e., SKF Laser alignment tool, dial gauge indicator, Vernier calipers, and micrometers.
• Pulls out and replaces various types of flexible and rigid couplings of DC Drive Motors, cooling bed drive shafts, and various rotating parts.
We are looking for a talented and skilled Mechanical Fitter to join our multicultural and diverse team in Kuwait. The Mechanical fitter prepares all necessary spares and performs off-line repair works of equipment & components. Supports maintenance objectives of optimum equipment reliability, availability, and safety at minimum cost through excellent workmanship and efficient use of spare.
About the Company
The United Steel Industrial Company (Kuwait Steel) is a private Kuwaiti Closed Shareholding Industrial Company that was established in the year 1996. Kuwait Steel is headquartered in Kuwait, a Middle Eastern country situated along the Arabian Peninsula, which is a prime, diverse and auspicious environment, full of opportunities and capacity for corporate growth. Predominantly, we strive to manufacture and deliver a wide range of value-added steel products to serve the expanding steel market, locally and at a global scale. Throughout the years, Kuwait Steel has become partners with a wide range of industries and sectors, including construction, industrial, oil and gas companies, with the aim of promoting sustainable development and growth. The company has been founded on the aspiration to deliver and produce high-quality steel products, made possible through innovative research, and to ensure present-day society manages to resolve current needs without having to compromise the demands and requirements needed for the future generation.
We pride ourselves in operating in a manner that reflects honesty, integrity, reliability and most importantly, consistency, which ensures that we achieve, sustain and maintain trust and integrity in the steel industry, without compromising our high standards in delivering customers' steel needs.
Although Kuwait has relied on oil as its main source of income, recently, the objective and aim of the government has been to transform and diversify the economy by becoming less reliant on oil, making this the ideal opportunity for the steel industry to thrive within an attractive and exciting business environment for Kuwait Steel.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Al Qahtani Pipe Coating Industries (AQPCI)
|Saudi Arabia||17 Mar|
TGC Middle East
|Abu Dhabi||6 Apr|