Job description / Role
- Directs and supervises Nursing services personnel within the OR suite in accordance with the Hospital, governmental bodies (MOH) and other regulatory standards.
- Prepares work schedules and assigns personnel. Evaluates work performance and makes recommendations.
- Conducts daily inspection of assigned patient care areas for compliance with policies, procedures, regulations, infection control and risk management standards, and takes corrective actions/ makes recommendations where violations occur in order to rectify the situation.
- Directs maintenance of departmental facilities, equipment, supplies and materials to promote efficiency, health, comfort, and safety of patients and staff.
- Ensures availability of adequate supply of consumable and non-consumable for patient care requirement, through a systematic inventory and ordering process.
- Establishes and maintains inventories of equipment and other supplies, and ensures that par levels are maintained.
- Maintains a safe, comfortable and therapeutic environment for patients and families in accordance with Hospital standards.
- Ensures accurate maintenance of patients’ medical records and confidentiality of information contained therein.
- Prepares written documentation as required by the Nursing department, and maintains appropriate records and statistics as directed.
- Maintains a comprehensive and ‘up-to-date’ index or profile of all attending surgeons’ preferences.
- Formulates departmental monthly report as directed by the Department.
- Assists in the preparation of the fiscal budget and makes appropriate recommendation.
- Contributes in the implementation of total Quality Management Programmes aimed at best practice methods within a climate of customer focus.
- Consults with Nursing Administration concerning management of assigned areas and all related matters.
- Participates in the development and implementation of departmental goals & objectives, philosophy and mission statement.
- Provides staff development and education programmes in consultation with Area Nursing Supervisor & Nursing Director.
- Assists in the process of selection, orientation and training, and initiates performance evaluation of Department personnel.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Nursing Supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma in Nursing preferably with Post Basic/Graduate Certificate/Diploma in Operating Room Technique Current CPR/BLS certification.
- 1st Line Management Certificate/Diploma and/or current PALS certification is an advantage.
About the Company
The New Mowasat Hospital was established in 1965. Ever since, the hospital has grown to become a leading provider of premium healthcare in Kuwait.
Following its slogan, “Caring for generations”, the New Mowasat Hospital has proven its capabilities to maintain its position, and today, the hospital is a 100-beded facility that expands over an area of 27,000 square meters and offers a full range of medical services within its luxurious premises.
The hospital is owned by Mowasat Healthcare Company (MHC) which is a publicly traded company on the Kuwait Stock Exchange. MHC is the healthcare arm of Nafais Holding Company which is focused on being the market leader within the Arabian Gulf in each of the business segments that they operate in.