Job description / Role
- Schedule patients for treatment by multiple providers and treatment areas, and arrange a variety of associated tests and procedures according to established guidelines and specific criteria
- Apply relevant functional knowledge of multiple treatment areas, the priority and sequence of associated procedures and tests and primary care services
- Prioritize in a manner that will foster more efficient utilization of physician’s clinical staff, and patient’s time, as well as equipment and facilities
- Coordinate the provision of multiple services to patients; Schedule patients for outpatient services or visits to multiple departments
- Comply with referral management regulations established for primary care providers
- Capture demographic and financial information required to complete patient registration/admission and record the information in the electronic record system
- Verify insurance benefits; explain financial requirements to the patient or patient representative, and collect the outstanding patient portion prior to or at the point of service
- Obtain signatures, verify accuracy of information, and scan documents into electronic patient record as applicable
- Conduct field phone calls regarding appointment times, billing issues, appointment cancellations and all related kinds of concerns; Provide patient with standard information regarding their personal preparation for scheduled procedures.
- High School Diploma, Associates Degree in Business Administration or similar preferred.
- Ability to communicate in Arabic and English (speaking and writing).
- Medical terminology, third party payer billing and managed care requirements and procedures is preferred.
- Ability to use specialized application software and computer systems for patient registration and scheduling and knowledge of business office procedures.
- 1 to 3 years of experience in Healthcare or insurance setting involving insurance authorization, referral processes and coding.
- Experience in hospital registration or scheduling in an acute healthcare setting preferred.
- Experience should involve compliance and/or patient tracking functions.
- Experience should involve compliance with admitting and transfer polices as noted in the medical by-laws and the clinical necessity of admissions, as well as medical insurance and eligibility requirements.
- Experience using Microsoft office (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
About the Company
Taiba Hospital was established in 2002 to be the only private healthcare provider in Kuwait specialized in one-day surgeries. In 2006, Taiba acquired a license to operate as a full-fledged hospital, becoming the first private hospital in Mubarak Al-Kabeer Governorate.
Vision: We are the model for innovative healthcare delivery
Mission: We provide distinguished healthcare services to the community of Kuwait
Values: - Working Together - Empowerment - Compassion - Accountability - Respect - Ethics