Job description / Role
Pavement and Material Specialist
Through Parsons’ engineering and construction management services, we deliver innovative, safe and sustainable infrastructure in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain and Kuwait. Our focus is on delivering air, rail, road and highway transportation; water conveyance and/or wastewater treatment; and land development and public infrastructure to our clients and your communities. Parsons creates interconnected communities and world class infrastructure.
The Pavement and Material Specialist will be providing all necessary assistance to both design and construction teams with respect to all pavement design\material\construction submittals, approvals, testing, sampling, etc. He will participate in the quality control of pavement including all the laboratory and field testing, acceptance of used materials, checking and accepting all remedial and corrective measures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Review design reports, specification and tender documents for pavement works.
• Ensure project quality system is applied during pavement construction.
• Ensure very close and clear coordination of his team activities with the other construction supervision staff.
• Evaluate pavement using available technology and equipment.
• Review method statement submitted by the contractor.
• Review and approve (make recommendation for approval by Manager) all submitted materials by the contractor.
• Understand Operating Procedures (NCR, ITP, RIFT, IR, etc.), project specification, tender documents and international standards (AASHTO, BS, and ASTM, etc.).
• Supervise, participate and direct sampling and testing\analysis of all pavement materials per the contract and the specifications.
• Maintain records of test results and all taken corrective actions.
• Provide inputs on changes/variations/claims related to pavement, if any.
• Liaise and coordinate with client, concerned authorities, consultant, sub-contractor and contractor.
• Audit of pavement material production facilities including hot mix plant, road base, crushing plants and laying site equipment.
• Inspect finished pavement works and assist in preparation of snag list/completion of works/maintenance schedule for maintenance period.
• Track and review the site testing and certificates of compliance.
• Follow up and verify implementation of corrective actions.
• Coordinate the review and approval of specialty and other high-profile materials with the Client and other stakeholders as directed by the Manager.
• Ensure inspection and checking of all delivered materials to site for conformance to the project requirements and approval.
• Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
• Degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized University.
• Minimum 15 years of work experience in design, site supervision and construction management of works related to pavement in major highway projects.
• Fluency in English language both oral and written.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Computer literate and ability to access, maintain and organize data to generate reports and make presentation when needed.
• Committed to safety and quality standards.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.