Job description / Role
As an experienced People Partner, you will be responsible for helping attract, develop and support an exceptional group of people. You will be working closely with the brand/functional management team to provide: operational HR support, strategic advice, guidance and best practice solutions for the region in scope. You will do so in line with Group HR policies and principles, whilst also creating bespoke initiatives to enhance the employee experience and support the achievement of business strategies and culture change.
The role be required to focus on both HR operations and strategic imperatives, requiring a solid HR background and the ability to collaborate, partner and influence at all levels in the business.
The role requires frequent travel between the countries in scope, as well as considerable presence in the market in order to stay close to and respond to the needs of our people.
- Act as the regional point of contact for the business unit, providing advice and guidance on the local organisational climate and necessary actions plans required to enhance the employee experience.
- Review the brand/function's operating model and workforce planning approaches to ensure optimal organizational structures are in place to support future focus, growth, scalability and employee satisfaction.
- Work with the team to consider competitor and industry approaches and translate these insights into roadmaps that define the employee experience, identify gaps, pain points, and key opportunities for business enhancements and innovation.
- Provide guidance and recommendations on the most complex issues, supporting our team in all related people areas including: recruitment, performance management, succession planning, retention, talent development, compensation and rewards, employee relations, and employee engagement.
- Provide clear and inspirational leadership to motivate and develop our people to deliver high quality, customer - centred services.
- Be an active and effective member of the Leadership Team, and stakeholder meetings representing the voice of our People and providing guidance around Group HR polices, approaches, and Culture transformation.
- Act as a change agent by looking for new ways to improve the employee experience and define our brand/function employee value proposition.
- Lead the development and implementation of local People strategies.
- Continually assess our existing policies, procedures, and programs and put forward recommendations to improve efficiencies and employee satisfaction.
- Lead the on-going design and execution of brand/function specific employee onboarding, training and development programs to improve the depth and breadth of the team's skills set and to raise awareness around behavioural, technical and leadership competencies
- Work with the Group's Talent Acquisition team to ensure internal and external recruiting strategies result in relevant, high calibre candidates being identified.
- Work closely with Group HR to implement the annual performance management cycle and act as a change agent within the brand/function to support the introduction of new approaches and performance platform.
- Continually review and monitor the effectiveness of employee commission schemes and put forward recommendations for change.
- Identify our HiPOs through employee profiling; educate teams around career paths and support all succession planning and talent development activities
- Encourage a "growth mindset" amongst team members by collaborating with our Learning team to assess training needs so relevant and inspiring training and development programmes are available and monitor the brand/function's training budget and individual's learning consumption.
- Use all available HR data to ensure HR analytics supports all reporting, action planning and decision making and put forward recommendation for change.
- Act as a coach and mentor to our people and provide advice and guidance to our leadership team, using HR data analytics, external benchmarks and best practice approaches to support decision making.
- As part of our cultural transformation, provide advice and guidance to leaders and managers around how to act as role models to create a positive and inspiring team climate.
- Champion both Group and brand/function specific Diversity and Inclusion initiatives, with a key focus on culture change, nationalisation and employee wellbeing.
- Collaborate with the Group's People Experience team to design employee engagement surveys, and be accountable for the necessary action planning and improvement goals.
- Develop key performance indicators to help identify progress and improvements made on employee engagement and ensure continual improvement.
- Manage all people and process related employee communications, using My Chalhoub and other inspirational approaches to embed key messages.
- Lead/Support annual manpower planning with Brand/Function Leaders and ensure vacancies are managed in line with the approved budget and executed as per the correct recruitment process.
- Assess current roles and provide recommendations for new roles in coordination with Business Head and Vertical Head of People.
- Participate in the recruitment process through assessment centres or competency-based interviews.
- Review all proposed internal transfers within the vertical and provide recommendations.
- Ensure all escalated employees' grievances are closed.
- Excellent knowledge of HR best practices and industry standards
- Proven experience of acting as change agent to bring about change
- Able to influence without authority and to be regarded as a credible trusted advisor to the business
- Employee centric with the ability to build trust and act as a coach and mentor for employees
- Self-aware, with the appropriate leadership skills to inspire, manage and develop high performing teams
- Comfortable with healthy challenge and able to operate at a strategic level
- Experience of working in a fast-pace, matrixed environments
- Commercially minded with the ability to manage budgets, and interpret complex data & analytics to support decision making
- Resilient and able to effectively balance multiple priorities in line with deadlines
- Exceptional communication, relationship-building, and project management skills
- Future focussed with the ability to use creative and inspiring approaches to enhance employee experience programs, concepts and techniques
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.