Planner / Scheduler
Job description / Role
51,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We're not just engineers. We're a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet's toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.?
Whatever your ambition, there's a path for you here. And there's no barrier to your potential career success. For more information, visit Worley.com
- To proactively support the Project by managing the planning process and planning personnel and their activities across the organisation
- To assist and support the Project Services Manager in managing the Project Schedule and ensure the client gains maximum business benefits from that mechanism
- Provide planning expertise and assist the project with their project planning activities
- Supervise the planning function during design and/or construction stages of assigned project/projects.
- Effective maintenance of Performance through HS&E program
- Achieve safety standards
- Responsible for assessing effectiveness of working practices and systems with a view to continuously improving systems, personal and team performance
- Carry out work in accordance with Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality systems
- To manage the Planning Team to deliver a complete Planning/Scheduling service to the Organization
- Work directly with the clients UEV Cost & Planning to ensure the Planning processes, procedures and systems are implemented and subject to continuous improvement reviews.
- Prepare weekly /monthly reports as required, and analyse contractors reports
- Manage the appropriate activities and process to ensure the preparation of Assets and that Shutdown plans are carried out in a consistent and accurate manner
- Schedule all HSE issues relevant HSE plan activities
- Liaise with the Management Team on all relevant cost and planning issue
- Prepare regular status reports and forecasts for project management and client review.
- Supervise and develop other planning and specialist support staff at home and/or field office locations.
- Establish and maintain activity level integration between P3 and Project Management Reporting tool.
- Maintain the current and baseline schedule, analyse the effect of proposed changes and maintain the baseline change control authorisation process
- Quality Assurance - Responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Quality Assurance system relevant to the Oil & Gas Business Unit.
- Safety - Responsible for personal safety safe working practices for the Oil & Gas Business Unit. Understand and follow OH&S procedures.
- Must have an Engineering Degree
- Must have minimum 8 years post graduation total experience
- Must have minimum 5 years experience in same role(Project Control Engineer)
- Must have a proven track record of scheduling, monitoring and reporting of various stages of project in a multi project(s) environment and with demonstrable skills in Primavera.
- Must be able to highlight the Critical path to the line Manager and proactive to ensure completion of the project as scheduled.
What we offer you
Providing an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.
About the Company
Worley is a leading global provider of professional services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We partner with our customers to address their most critical challenges at every stage of their projects: from initial concepts to sustaining and enhancing their assets. And we provide smarter, bolder solutions while delivering on our own sustainability commitments.
We are 51,000 bright minds across 46 countries all driven by a common purpose – delivering a more sustainable world. While working to fulfill our ambition to be recognized globally as the leader in sustainability solutions.